AutoShare - WhatsApp intent Class changed

francwalter

Feb 20, 2022, 6:25:29 AM2/20/22
to Tasker

Hallo
I have a useful little Task where I take a photo with low resolution (save it to %timestamp, which is the actual date and time) and send it to WhatsApp to share it with some contacts there.
So I don't spend so much disk space for fotos which are resized anyway by WhatsApp.
Fotos in WhatsApp are saved in full size but sent in small resolution.
I use the great App AutoShare for this Tasker Task, it makes it very easy.

Yesterday (surely after an update of WhatsApp) it stopped working.
AutoShare (and Tasker) gave me the errormessage
"Couldn't find a suitable app to launch"
It took me a while till I noticed that the Class of WhatsApp's intent changed.
AutoShare setting used to be:

Package: com.whatsapp
Class: com.whatsapp.ContactPicker
App: AutoShare
MimeType: file/jpeg
File: file:///storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Tasker/%timestamp.jpg

Now to still work it is:
Class: com.whatsapp.contact.picker.ContactPicker

Strange, that this happens just unnoticed, I didnt find any search result in the net, with that error message from AutoShare.

I used the app "Intent-intercept" from k3b on Github to get the new WhatsApp Intent's class.
Hope somebody helps this.
frank
Tasker 5.15.10-beta on Xiaomi Mi A1

João Dias

Feb 21, 2022, 8:07:46 AM2/21/22
to Tasker
Just to clarify, it still works with that new class, correct? This can happen because app devs might want to move their classes around in their code :) You just have to update your setup whenever it happens.

Hope this clarifies it!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Frank Roehm

Feb 21, 2022, 8:29:29 AM2/21/22
to João Dias
To clarify: it **only** works with that new class!

João Dias

Feb 21, 2022, 8:44:35 AM2/21/22
to Tasker
Yep, that's normal! Whatsapp changed the path of the class so naturally it stops working with the old one :)

francwalter

May 5, 2022, 2:14:02 AM5/5/22
to Tasker
Now it happened again with signal, class was before
org.thoughtcrime.securesms.sharing.ShareActivity
but it changed to
org.thoughtcrime.securesms - org.thoughtcrime.securesms.sharing.v2.ShareActivity

I used again Intent Abfänger to find it, send a photo to that app and in the possible apps to receive that photo I found the new intent of signal.
Works again.
I wish the developers wouldn't change that.