Help with how to troubleshoot an issue with Tasker

michael.di...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2021, 9:52:15 AM11/10/21
to Tasker
First, my issue: I can't find any rhyme or reason as to when/why this happens, but sometimes Tasker will just stop running tasks.  When this happens, if I don't notice it right away, my battery will deplete *a lot*.  For example, if I don't notice this for a few hours, I could lose 50% or more of battery.

Rebooting my phone fixes the issue (until it occurs again).  Sometimes this will occur two days in a row, sometimes a week will go by without it happening.

I'm wondering if there are any suggestions as to the best way to figure out the cause.  Whether it's due to a Tasker update, or perhaps a security update my phone installed?  I've gone into the "run log" when this happened, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary--only the last expected task to run, which might have been several hours earlier.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it has anything to do with the tasks/profiles themselves, as I've been using my current set of tasks for over a year now, but this issue just started in the last month or two.

I'm not overly concerned about my tasks stopping, as I don't run anything super important (just for convenience).  I'm more concerned about my battery level being obliterated if I don't notice the issue for a while.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Brenden M

Nov 21, 2021, 9:11:07 PM11/21/21
to Tasker
What are your settings like in Preferences > Monitor?

What is the setting for "Reliable Alarms"? - Try switching it to Never, and some time based profiles might not fire on time, but worth a shot.

Other monitor settings, depending on various profiles, may be putting the phone into a loop where it looks for a network, BT device, or other monitored state, and maybe not finding it, for some reason the loop starts over unintended. A check that should go for about 15 seconds or less  in ideal situation then relax for a while might accidentally never stop.