Notification Profile Not Triggering

@ntonio

Sep 30, 2021, 3:04:48 AMSep 30
to Tasker
The notification option is not working for me. I am leaving all options blank but I've also tried adding a specific app, including the title name, and all sorts of combinations e.g. new only, etc. Nothing lights up the profile to indicate it is being triggered when a notification appears. The notification I'm trying to have trigger the Tasker profile come from a calendar app.
Tasker is not being optimized. It has special access to notifications.
I'm using a Galaxy Fold2.

Please help.
Thanks.

João Dias

Sep 30, 2021, 3:57:54 AMSep 30
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

@ntonio

Sep 30, 2021, 8:19:18 PMSep 30
to Tasker
    Profile: Notification Activates Shades AM Settings: Restore: no Time: From 06:00 Till 11:30 Event: Notification [ Owner Application:* Title:* Text:* Subtext:* Messages:* Other Text:* Cat:* New Only:Off ] Enter Task: Rise & Shine A1: A Thing [ Configuration: Thing: Rise and shine Switch Command: on Timeout (Seconds): 0 ]

Thanks for looking into this!
I've spent hours trying to find a solution.

João Dias

Oct 1, 2021, 4:22:32 AMOct 1
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. The only action there is a plugin action, right? Maybe the problem is with the plugin itself? Try adding a Notify action as the first action in that task and see if that shows up.

@ntonio

Oct 2, 2021, 4:27:34 PMOct 2
to Tasker
You were right!
I the v-switch wasn't in Sharptools or Smartthings. I must have deleted it (shrug shoulders).
Thanks for the notification suggestion! I created a pop-up and it was executing. However, the profile text never turns green like the other profiles. Why is that? That's the indication I was relying on to determine whether the action was being triggered.

Either way, it's working now!
Thanks!

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2021, 11:27:29 PMOct 2
to Tasker
It is because it is an Event (not State) profile. Event profiles happen in a split second. State profiles last for a time period and therefore it stays green for a while.