Task with Scene not visible in Android's recent apps list

francwalter

Jan 19, 2023, 8:57:25 AM1/19/23
to Tasker
Hallo
since long I wonder how could I build a Task with a Scene that I can reopen through Android's function to see the recent apps.
On my Android 9 phone (not rooted) I have this Menu Button (three lines) at the bottom left. If I press it, I see all recent apps I opened before.
But never any Tasker's Task is visible there.
If I am in a running task (which has a scene open) and I press the Recent Apps button, then I can only come back to that task if I reopen Tasker again (which is neither in recent apps, by the way).

I tried different scene types: Overlay (not useful though), Dialog and Activity but never I see the Scene in the recent apps.

Is it somehow possible to bring a Task into the recent apps list?

Yes, I know that there is App Factory, but if I create an app with AppFactory, the app wont open, App Factory is not working on my phone. Even not a very simple Task which opens a scene with just a button to destroy the scene wont open at all.

Thank for hints, frank

Tasker 6.1.7-beta on Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android 9

francwalter

Feb 12, 2023, 9:03:08 AM2/12/23
to Tasker
And now, App Factory is working lastly, I built the Task with App Factory and still the App is not showing in recent apps.
Is this by design?
Could I change something, to make it like a real app (showing in recent apps list)?
Thank for helpful answers :)

João Dias

Feb 13, 2023, 4:08:50 AM2/13/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately because of the way app factory apps were built there's no way to show them in recents, sorry!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

francwalter

Feb 13, 2023, 5:07:04 AM2/13/23
to Tasker
joaomgcd schrieb am Montag, 13. Februar 2023 um 10:08:50 UTC+1:
Unfortunately because of the way app factory apps were built there's no way to show them in recents, sorry!

I understand. An App Factory App is not an independent app but only a running Task with an invisible kind-of-Tasker around it. That is why the App Factory App is so big (even a single Task has some 5 MB.
So this is the same reason why I cannot see the Task in recents, I could only see the Tasker GUI in recents, but this would not help ;)

To build a real independent app I would need a real activity, not just the Scene as "activity", which is not a real one.
Ok, Thank you for your contact!
frank

Soudane GMTA

Feb 13, 2023, 9:41:00 AM2/13/23
to Tasker
One way around this problem is to write an app (a standard app, not an App-Factory-created app) which does nothing more than send a special, custom intent. Then, create an Intent Received profile in Tasker to respond to that intent by firing off the appropriate Tasker activity which does the actual work.

This means doing some Android SDK work for creating that intent-sending app, but it probably won't be overly complicated.