Notification state

Lengyel Kálmán

Jun 6, 2023, 6:45:47 AM6/6/23
to Tasker
Hi there,

Could you recommend me a simple way to check whether any notification is present or not?

I'd like to toggle my Always on Display based on this state, but unfortunately there is no such State, only Events.
My main problem with the Notification Removed Event is that, there can be many notifications and just because I dismissed one, it doesn't mean that AoD shall turn off.

I even tried incrementing and decrementing a variable after every notification but it was completely unreliable because one notification triggered the New Notification event multiple times, thus incrementing the variable 3-5-10 times.

There must be an easier way, I just couldn't find it yet.
Thank you.

aa6vh

Jun 6, 2023, 9:52:06 AM6/6/23
to Tasker
Have you checked into the Autonotification plug in? It has the capability of querying the current notifications.

Lengyel Kálmán

Jun 6, 2023, 2:58:47 PM6/6/23
to Tasker
I have just now. I found querying, but that seems like a task I can run. But I'd need a state I could react to.
How could I create a state of it? Maybe with a system variable? I just don't know what to look for at all.

Thanks in advance.

João Dias

Jun 7, 2023, 9:44:50 AM6/7/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Use the AutoNotification Intercept State (not event) and disable Event Behaviour.

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Lengyel Kálmán

Jun 7, 2023, 2:03:13 PM6/7/23
to Tasker
It worked perfectly! Thank you very much. :)

João Dias

Jun 8, 2023, 4:39:17 AM6/8/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! :)