Charge Status no longer triggering profile

Emilee Rea

May 22, 2024, 3:49:54 AMMay 22
to Tasker
I've used Tasker for years now, and finally hit a problem I'm having trouble fixing.

I have a profile for triggering a task called "Sleep" that has two conditions:
  1. State > Power > Power > Any
  2. State > Sensor > Orientation > Right Side
This has worked for YEARS and across multiple devices.  But something happened between Friday night (when it still worked) and Saturday night where the Power Status part of the profile isn't being caught.  I didn't see any system updates or Tasker updates in that window.  Current device is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

I made a new profile that just has the orientation piece, and it still triggers the tasks and exit tasks appropriately.

Then I switched the new profile to only use the power piece, and it never triggers.  I tried my normal charging cable (magnetic plug + cable), and a normal USB C cable, and neither triggered the power status to see that it was now charging, even though the device itself reflects that it is.

Any suggestions on how to gain back the ability to recognize the charging status?

Thank you!

joaomgcd

May 22, 2024, 3:52:07 AMMay 22
to Tasker
Hi there, thanks for the report! Can you please try this version? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YGuMAWRfyYlUKMdgb4xyVEUfddWz_zzI/view

nathan.ren...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2024, 6:58:44 PM (11 days ago) Jun 21
to Tasker
I've been having this problem as well. Just tested that build and it's working again.

Thanks!

Jan

Jun 25, 2024, 2:25:08 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to Tasker
Hi  joaomgcd,

I have exactly the same problem, also with a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, but the build doesn't work, sorry...

Greetz,
Jan

João Dias

Jun 25, 2024, 10:22:05 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report. Can you please use the Report Issue To Developer option and send me a report showing that happnening with the build I sent above? Thanks in advance

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Jan

Jun 25, 2024, 11:14:27 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to Tasker
Hi João,

Thanks for your support.
As a last ditch effort, I restarted my phone and now the problem seems to be resolved. I'll report back to you when all stays OK for about a week.

Regards,
Jan

Jan

2:35 AM (2 hours ago) 2:35 AM
to Tasker
Hi João,

Back as promised...
I haven't had any problems in the past week with the detection of the Power-state. The only thing I'm experiencing is that it takes about 20 seconds for the condition to be detected, whereas before it was instantaneous. But, in my case, that's not really an issue.

So, thanks very much for your excellent support.

Regards,
Jan