Access to individual bluetooth device settings

Kevin Robson

Jun 11, 2022, 4:55:35 AM6/11/22
to Tasker
Hi,
I have a requirement to disable certain bluetooth devices whilst in a certain location, whilst keeping bluetooth on for other devices.

To cut a long story short, I want to stop my phone connecting to my car whilst I'm at home, as whenever the wife arrives home or leaves home my phone connects to the car when she switches the ignition on.

The location is easy. But turning bluetooth off isn't so easy, as most options disable bluetooth completely. Forgetting the device is also not an option, as I would have to manually re-pair each time.

Under each bluetooth devices settings there are options to enable and disable Phone Calls, Media Audio, Contact Sharing and Text messages. (see attachment)

I'm running a pixel 6 on android 12.

I've tested, and it will do what I need to do if I just turn these on and off for just my car's bluetooth connection.

However, I cannot see a way to access these settings in Tasker. Is it possible to change these in a task? Or if it isn't, is there a plugin which will give access?

I'm new to tasker, so I may be missing something obvious, but I cannot see this option anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

bt_settings.png

donkilluminati

Jun 15, 2022, 6:05:08 PM6/15/22
to Tasker
I'm also very interested in this as I face the same problem.