Tasker and Work Profile Apps

isi...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2022, 11:24:39 AM8/13/22
to Tasker
Hi Joao,
It used to be that Tasker was able to see, detect, and interact with apps that were in both my home profile and my work profile.

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Now, for example, if I have it detect which app is currently running, it will pick up the apps in my personal profile.  However if I launch an app from my work profile, Tasker running from my personal profile will still detect the last app ran from my personal profile instead of the app launched from my work profile. I've had to install a second copy of Tasker from my work profile just to know when I've launched a work app.

I haven't changed my version of android, which is 11 (Oxygen OS), so I'm guessing the change is within Tasker?

Any thoughts of what I can try to work with this?
Thank you,

João Dias

Aug 16, 2022, 5:52:21 AM8/16/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Did you maybe change the way Tasker detects which app is running in Preferences > Monitor > App Check Method?

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

isi...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2022, 10:29:44 PM8/17/22
to Tasker
I just checked, and the current method was App Usage Stats. I tried Accessibility, and got the same results.
I don't know if there is a preferred method between the two so I've put it back to App Usage Stats.

If I have it use the new Assistant features, that will properly detect the running app, but then I have to watch the screen flash every so often as I poll for the foreground app to see if it's changed or not. Yuck lol!