Black Flicker when using Set Wallpaper action

Neo T

Apr 1, 2024, 7:52:11 AMApr 1
to Tasker
Whenever the "Set Wallpaper" action is used, the wallpaper flickers to black before changing to a new wallpaper.
How can I implement wallpaper changes without these black flickers?

Many thanks!

João Dias

Apr 1, 2024, 7:57:38 AMApr 1
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I think that depends totally on the launcher on your device and not Tasker. Can you please using different launchers and see if it behaves differently? Tasker simply sends the command to change the wallpaper, it doesn't control how the change looks like.

Hope this clarifies it.

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Neo T

Apr 1, 2024, 1:01:45 PMApr 1
to Tasker
Hi, thanks so much for your quick response!

I've now tried a few other launchers: Nova7, AIO Launcher, Microsoft Launcher and Smart Launcher
Unfortunately the black flicker behaviour still persists.
(Indeed, the black flicker does NOT occur on the lockscreen where I think the launcher isn't responsible)

Any more suggestions would be much appreciated!

Just for reference, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S23, One UI 5.1, Android 13
I imagine this is quite a common setup - perhaps others have experienced the same?

M. H. (WehZet)

Apr 2, 2024, 8:49:27 AMApr 2
to Tasker
Just for brainstorming: I never had this problem with my Galaxy S21 using Nova Launcher 8 Beta. Nor on OneUI 5.1, neither on 6.0.

SportyRydr

Apr 20, 2024, 9:31:06 PMApr 20
to Tasker
I tried installing Nova 8 beta, and it actually fixed the problem for me...at first. Now, it's back to doing the same thing. For a static wallpaper, it sets it, then it goes black for 1-2 seconds, the the wallpaper I set comes back. For a live wallpaper (set using AutoInput), sometimes it doesn't set the wallpaper back after it goes black. I'm not even using Set Wallpaper for that.

Foiled again...