Whatsapp message sending

Abhishek Tiwari

Oct 9, 2021, 1:39:49 AM10/9/21
to Tasker
Hi Joao,

I have a use case and I am not able to understand how can I achieve it. I am very sure you can help me in that. I will appreciate it.

I am sending sms to my clients about pending invoices using my sms sending script (using api programatically) at 9:00am. All those sms can be seen in sent inbox in sms app. I want to send those sms via whatsapp to the same clients on the same numbers. How can I do that?

tnr,
Abhishek

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2021, 2:43:44 AM10/9/21
to Tasker
One way to do it is to use the Contact Via App action. But it does require your phone's display to be on. It won't work if your phone display is off and locked.

Abhishek Tiwari

Oct 9, 2021, 6:52:02 AM10/9/21
to Tasker
Thanks Joao for replying. Can you please guide me how to acheive this?

Manis

Oct 9, 2021, 8:34:23 AM10/9/21
to Tasker
You can turn on display using the display task and then contact via app.. that should work.

Abhishek Tiwari

Oct 9, 2021, 10:51:05 AM10/9/21
to Tasker
The issue is that, I want to read my sms (that I sent) and then forward them to the same recipient on whatsapp. This is not clear on how to do.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 9:59:46 AM10/10/21
to Tasker
I see. You are not sending those SMS from Tasker? Can your SMS script export the contact number and content to a text file? If not, we can read it from the SMS table but we need to know how many to read, for exmaple, the last 10 or 20 SMS.