Is there a way to detect connecting/discommecting to/from Chromecast?

Zoltán Bíró

Mar 28, 2023, 5:01:01 AM3/28/23
to Tasker
Really don't want to flood the group but I'm wondering why joaomcgd doesn't react to my previous conversation, as he is probably the only person who might know the answer.

So I ask again:
  1. Is there a way to detect (from Chromecast side!) that a connection has been made for Google casting? Same question for disconnecting, which is even more important. I also need to know which application has initiated the casting (Spotify, Audials etc.) I have installed both Tasker and Autocast on the Chromecast device (Philips PUS8536).
  2. If the answer is “NO”, is there at least a solution on the Android phone side? That is, if I initiated a cast e.g. on Spotify I would get a trigger event which I can use for Tasker as profile condition. (This event could be dispatched easily to the Tasker on Chromecast using Autoremote.)
Obviously 1. would be a far better solution but I'd happy with 2 as well.

The reason I need it: I want to use my Philips Android TV as media server too (primarily for listening Spotify and Audials). In this case it would be mandatory to turn off the LED backlight during casting and turn off the TV itself when finished, in order to conserve lots of electrical power.

Thnaks in advance!