Zoom? - Still Available? Alternates?

whitedavidp

Nov 11, 2021, 1:54:17 PMNov 11
to Tasker
I don't use Zoom alot. But I do use it. It seems that the app is not listed on Play Store any more (I looked under both net.dinglisch.android.zoom and under the list of joaomgcd's apps). So I am wondering if I have to start thinking about migrating away from Zoom to something else?

At one point, I read about the Zooper app but that too seems to be gone from Play Store. I see the KGWT app as a possibility. But compared to Zoom it seems much harder to use to create dynamic interfaces with Tasker. Maybe there are others I should consider?

Thanks

zimme...@googlemail.com

Nov 13, 2021, 12:02:20 PMNov 13
to Tasker
I've had the same problem and switched to KWGT. Therefore I can't say anything about other alternatives, especially if you can execute tasks from tasker with them. KWGT is extremely powerful. I'm very sure, you can can do everything with it that was possible with Zoom.

But it's indeed a bit more complicated to set up. But there are many video tutorials on youtube for that app. You can also start with a prebuild widget doing something similar you want to have and change it.

It's an app with many users and active development, it will certainly still be supported in a few years time. You should give it a go.

whitedavidp

Nov 19, 2021, 9:18:33 PM (9 days ago) Nov 19
to Tasker
Thanks for mentioning KWGT. I have played a bit with both KWGT and KLWP apps. They are pretty excellent but do have pretty decent learning curves. Overall, I think I like KLWP better. You can do much more. But KWGT might be an easier place for the newbie to start. At least that's how I did it. Cheers