Automate mute of fb messenger group chat based on time

Karen A

Jun 10, 2020, 2:49:33 AM6/10/20
to Tasker
Hi
With the covid working from home situation my small workplace team is using a messenger chat group to communicate and share graphics eg screen clips etc. This works well except that I have Wednesdays off each week and I would like to mute the group chat notifications on my day off. I have my notifications going through to my Xiaomi watch so all of the chat notifications are pinging and vibrating all day. I can mute the group manually in the app and that works perfectly so wondered if there is a way to automate applying that same option automatically each Wednesday with tasker. I am a tad inept at understanding all of the tasker fields such as the "if" "%" I looked at auto notifications app but don't really want to permanently block them or intercept them. It all looked too complicated/hard. Can I just use a time based profile and some type of task to tell the app to mute the group name? Seeing as the app has the capacity to do it anyway. I guess I will have to input one of messengers standard time intervals for muting it.
Can anyone offer a means to do this? Thanks

João Dias

Jun 10, 2020, 4:40:12 AM6/10/20
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Maybe something like this works: https://youtu.be/D6wPRnrq4mw Hope this helps!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Karen A

Jun 10, 2020, 5:12:11 AM6/10/20
to Tasker
Thanks but thats "whatsapp" with different app with different options in the app. I am using facebook messenger and I don't really have any hope of changing which app we use.

João Dias

Jun 10, 2020, 5:31:16 AM6/10/20
to tas...@googlegroups.com
But does Facebook messenger not create a different notification category for each contact/group?