Wireguard VPN auto off/on when entering/leaving Home WiFi not working

Günter Reiner Bernicken

Jan 5, 2023, 9:25:59 AM1/5/23
to Tasker
I need some support for my first project with the tasker trial version.

It's not working.
- External apps may control wireguard
- Battery optimization ist switched off for Tasker.
From my understanding the log looks good although the vpn is not started.
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-05 at 15.21.41.jpeg

Günter Reiner Bernicken

Jan 5, 2023, 9:39:27 AM1/5/23
to Tasker
BTW: I'm using
- Google Pixel 5a with Android 13
- WireGuard v1.0.20220516
- Tasker 6.0.10
Message has been deleted

Günter Reiner Bernicken

Jan 5, 2023, 1:15:49 PM1/5/23
to Tasker
I have news:
1. leaving Home WiFi does not switch on VPN automatically
2. When I manually switch on the VPN, then entering the Home WiFi switches off the VPN automatically.
So half of the settings work.

Any ideas?

Arlin Sandbulte

Oct 10, 2023, 9:53:22 AM10/10/23
to Tasker
I think I solved this issue.
In my phone, I changed the WireGuard 'App battery usage' setting to Unrestricted, and that has solved the issue.  Previously, it was set to Optimized.
Screenshot.jpg
Message has been deleted