Using Autonotification to block spam texts

legaldeejay

Mar 14, 2023, 8:56:16 AM3/14/23
to Tasker
Hello.  I have been receiving lots of spam texts lately saying that certain accounts have been locked.  So I am trying to create a profile which will block any messages I receive that have the word account in it, but it is not working.   Below is my profile.  Can anyone assist?  Thanks.

    Profile: Spam Texts
    Event: AutoNotification Intercept [ Configuration:Event Behaviour: true
    Notification Apps: Messages ]

    Enter Task: Anon

    A1: AutoNotification Block [
         Configuration: Apps: com.samsung.android.messaging
         Toggle: Enable
         By Text: Account
         Regex: true
         Timeout (Seconds): 60
         Structure Output (JSON, etc): On ]

aa6vh

Mar 14, 2023, 10:14:29 AM3/14/23
to Tasker
You are attempting to block after you have received the SMS (by running it within the Intercept profile). I believe the block needs to be run before you receive the SMS message.

Andrew Bokar

Mar 14, 2023, 12:17:23 PM3/14/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
How do I run the block before receiving the message in the profile?

Brenden M

Mar 15, 2023, 3:50:56 PM3/15/23
to Tasker
I would use "AutoNotification Cancel", not "Block." Cancel will delete the notification. You could (more riskily in the case of a real SMS mentioning "Account"), delete the SMS.

I would probably make part of the context listening to numbers not in my contacts list, too.