Wake from sleep mode.

Dan Carr

Jul 6, 2021, 7:11:12 PM7/6/21
to Tasker
Probably really simple, but I can't get it to work. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A in my vehicle and I run Torque Pro on it. Torque Pro is set up to put the tablet into airplane mode and allow the tablet to go to sleep. The problem is that when I turn the key on, the tablet display remains dark, and I have to double tap the screen for it to display.

The Torque app loads and it comes out of airplane mode, but the screen remains dark until I double tap it. I have lock screen turned off. I double tap the screen and everything displays fine.

What am I missing? Thanks.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2021, 10:12:36 PM7/6/21
to Tasker
A little confused as to what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe you could tell us step by step what you are trying to do? For example:

1. Start your car
2. Display turns on
3. Run Torgue Pro
4. etc....

ktmom

Jul 7, 2021, 8:50:53 AM7/7/21
to Tasker
Try using the "Turn on" action located under "display" in the listing.

Dan Carr

Jul 7, 2021, 11:02:20 AM7/7/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Sure…

  1. Turn key on (power is applied to tablet)
  2. Display turns on.
  3. Torque Pro App is launched.
  4. Turn key off (power is off to tablet)
  5. Tablet goes into sleep mode (screen goes dark)

So this would be like I take my car to the store. I park and turn off my car. 15 – 30 seconds after I turn my car off, the tablet goes into sleep mode (display goes dark). I’m in the store for 10 minutes or so, come back out, start my car. Tablet should wake from sleep mode and display my gauges.

The current problem is, the tablet will not wake some sleep mode and display when I turn the key on. I have to double tap the screen for the display to come on. When I do, the app has been loaded and everything is great. It just won’t display unless I double tap the screen.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Dan Carr

Jul 7, 2021, 11:03:38 AM7/7/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Did that. Same result.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Try using the "Turn on" action located under "display" in the listing.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2021, 1:42:24 AM7/8/21
to Tasker
To turn on display when your tablet is being charged, you will need the State > Power context. In the entry task, use the Turn On action. In the exit task, use the Turn Off action.