New phone, how to copy code/s from old phone to new phone

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 5:29:10 PM11/30/21
to Tasker
I have a few profiles on the old phone and would like to copy them to my new phone.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Or can I send them from one phone to the other - like apps etc and they go to the right place?

Where (paths) on the phone are the "programs" stored?

Being that there is no easy way to copy the files/profiles/code.

ktmom

Dec 1, 2021, 9:03:06 AM12/1/21
to Tasker
I would just simply use the 3-dot menu -> data -> backup and restore then transfer the backup to the new device.

donkilluminati

Dec 1, 2021, 2:20:27 PM12/1/21
to Tasker
Enable Google Drive backup on your current device, then restore via GD on your new device.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2021, 3:07:28 PM12/1/21
to Tasker
ktmom:
I see the 3-dot menu.

What I see:
Disable tasker.
Exit
Preferences
Data
Info
More
Report issue.

Moving away from that one,
I long click on a PROFILE and I see an EXPORT option.

But by your description I have to see DATA first.

I am not seeing what you are describing.   Sorry.

donkilluminati:

Yeah, at a push, but I feel I will have the same problem as I just described here now.

Though I'm guessing you are saying at a higher level than in tasker itself.

I've never used google backup and am not familiar with using it.

donkilluminati

Dec 1, 2021, 4:29:24 PM12/1/21
to Tasker
Describing ktmom solution:
From the 3 dot menu, press Data, then Backup that will store your whole config in /sdcard/Tasker/configs/user
You will have to then manually transfer from your device to PC via USB back to your new device.

Describing my solution:
You have a GMail account so you can save to Google Drive by clicking Google Drive Backup under 3 dot menu -> MISC option.
Read the disclaimer that pops up when clicking that option.
On your new device, it will ask you to import from Google Drive, you just have to sign in to your Google account to do so.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2021, 4:40:07 PM12/1/21
to Tasker
Thanks.

Ok, kind of with you on the old phone.  Path, etc....  Ok.

New phone:
Problem.

Using a file explorer (same one on both phones) I see a very different structure.
Though the new phone doesn't have an SD card, I get a parent "PHONE" and stuff below it.

But on the first (older) phone when I go into PHONE, I see a directory "Tasker".

Doesn't exist on the new phone, but Tasker is installed and I have written one simple PROFILE.
So - sorry - I don't know how/where to put it on the new phone.
(Yeah, not your problem.  But I am just trying to get my head around where things go)