How to suppress system UI toasts?

tskrusr

Sep 8, 2022, 1:22:54 AMSep 8
to Tasker

I created a toast intercept profile with AutoNotification to intercept toasts for the text: "Wireless charging paused."

I can confirm that the toast is being intercepted by AutoNotification by using a beep for the task.

Using an AutoNotification cancel task with the same text that I used in the toast intercept profile does not prevent the intercepted toast from being displayed.

Neither can I block them using the block action.

I believe the toasts are being produced by the System UI component.

Samsung S21 Android 12

Any thoughts?

João Dias

Sep 26, 2022, 9:03:29 AM (5 days ago) Sep 26
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Unfortunately there's no way to do that other than simply blocking notifications for the app that posts those toasts but I don't think that's possible for the system toasts, sorry :(

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

tskrusr

Sep 28, 2022, 12:28:20 PM (3 days ago) Sep 28
to Tasker
Thanks for the response!

This is how I solved the problem of selectively suppressing (Samsung S21 OneUI) the System UI toast "Wireless Charging Paused," while passing through all other toasts from System UI, for future reference:

Any way to suppress constant "wireless charging paused" toasts?  tasker (reddit.com)

TL;DR:   The solution was a little indirect, but it works.  (1) Block display of all System UI toasts using ADB command; (2) Use AutoNotification to intercept the blocked System UI toasts since Tasker can still see them even though they are no longer being displayed on the screen; and (3) display them on the screen using AutoTools if they do not match "Wireless Charing Paused."

João Dias

Sep 29, 2022, 4:02:39 AM (3 days ago) Sep 29
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Nice! :) Great solution, thanks for sharing!