Toggle "appear on top" settings of an individual user app? (rooted)

Travis Klein

Sep 8, 2021, 5:26:50 PM9/8/21
to Tasker
 any way I can do this with tasker? thanks so much!

Travis Klein

Sep 8, 2021, 5:29:06 PM9/8/21
to Tasker

An app I use frequently and at different times of the day I like to have it set to "appear on top" and other times I want it off.

just looking for shortcut (because I'm lazy) to toggle this without having to go into the app settings each time and burrow down to this option.

João Dias

Sep 13, 2021, 6:12:13 AM9/13/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com

You can use the Run Shell action to run the command :)

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Travis Klein

Sep 14, 2021, 11:18:22 PM9/14/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
thank you so much for leading me down this path!

so it still cannot toggle that setting even thoug the code runs perfectly.

I think it is because android has changed and now instead of  "draw over other apps" it now is called "appear on top" and maybe the code of "android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW"
has changed to something else.

I have been googling around but I can't seem to find any documentation of what it could have been changed to.

João Dias

Sep 16, 2021, 9:39:51 AM9/16/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, this is the command for Join for example :)

adb shell appops set com.joaomgcd.join SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW allow

Just replace  com.joaomgcd.join with the package name you want and it should work!

Sorry about the misleading link before! 😅

Travis Klein

Sep 16, 2021, 9:44:13 AM9/16/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much I will try this when I get home!

I would assume the opposite of this command would be, deny?

You're the best thank you thank you

Travis

João Dias

Sep 16, 2021, 10:19:55 AM9/16/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the opposite is deny! :) Let me know how it goes.

Travis Klein

Sep 16, 2021, 10:27:02 AM9/16/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Oh my God it works so perfect!

I use it on my actual phone with the terminal emulator shortcut and I can just click either shortcut now to allow or deny the setting up here on top for my app :-)

I'm so excited thank you thank you!

João Dias

Sep 16, 2021, 10:28:38 AM9/16/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com