Can't download routines

Romer

Jul 12, 2022, 5:25:30 PM7/12/22
to Tasker

Newb here, I am running version 6 of Tasker and can't download routines in Tasky mode or standard mode. What am I missing? Thank you for any help.

João Dias

Jul 13, 2022, 5:04:58 AM7/13/22
to Tasker
Hi. What happens when you try? Do you get an error message?

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Romer

Jul 13, 2022, 7:55:02 AM7/13/22
to Tasker
Click on download button, get spinning Tasker icon for a second or two. Have checked various directories to see if downloaded somewhere on phone and found nothing.
No error message. Phone is Note 9, Android 10. No Root.
Bixby button remap is only routine I have. Works fine. I did have to create it manually because no download ability.
I originally had version 5 with same problem - no downloading.
Thanks

João Dias

Jul 27, 2022, 6:36:53 AM7/27/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi again. Very sorry for the late reply!

Are you able to import stuff from https://taskernet.com/ ?

Romer

Jul 27, 2022, 9:37:13 AM7/27/22
to Tasker
If I try to open the link/site address on my phone, I get an error. (see attachment) Yes cookies are enabled. I tried Samsung browser and same results.
After experimenting with other browsers, I installed Google Chrome for default browser. That allowed me to get to the site.
After opening Tasker and selecting Taskernet,  Chrome then asked if I wanted to allow Tasker access to my Google account. I allowed and now I can download from Taskernet.
I am assuming there must be some kind of permission setting I am missing that won't allow other browsers to access the Taskernet address.
I don't know if allowing Tasker to access my Google account is risky, but why is Chrome the only browser that will let me open the site?
I really don't want to use Chrome for a browser. Does any of this make sense to you?
Thank you for the help.
Screenshot_Firefox.jpg

João Dias

Jul 27, 2022, 3:00:30 PM7/27/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm supposedly it should work on all browsers. Seems like the other browser you tried to use doesn't have the latest Javascript APIs and is incompatible with the website... Using any modern browser with the latest APIs (like Firefox for example) should work theoretically...

Romer

Jul 28, 2022, 7:56:37 AM7/28/22
to Tasker
Updated to latest version Firefox. Disabled Chrome.
All seems well now.
Thank you very much for the help.

João Dias

Jul 28, 2022, 8:22:10 AM7/28/22