Tasker Beta 5.1.8b

joaomgcd

May 1, 2018, 7:51:54 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
New beta is here! :) As always, you can sign up for it here.

Get the app factory for this release here.

Here is the changelog for this version:

 - Fixed Wifi Tether action
 - Fix root issues with new Magisk update
 - Ability to find a Custom Setting automatically even without root! Demo here.
 - Use root to grant Secure Settings permission automatically if available
 - Fixed issue with keystore files for kid apps
 - Fixed "Share File" action and Run Log view in external viewer
 - Make Power Mode work with Secure Settings permission
 - Fix wait proxy error
 - Fix overlays not allowed sometimes
 - Fix launching app as new copy
 - Fix crash on secure settings test
 - Fixed Missing Permissions when importing files
 - A few more permission checks
 - Fixed getting device ID without phone permissions

Let me know if you have any issues, thanks!

Дмитрий Ложкин

May 1, 2018, 9:05:24 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Good news, thanks. I have issues with my projects: action set light unavailable (no lights sys/class/leds), variable %NIGHT not monitoring, tasker crash when export to appfactory my project. Anroid 8.1 and magisk for root.

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 9:22:53 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report!

  • Did the set light action work with the previous beta?
  • When you say not monitoring, do you mean that you're using it as a profile context?
  • Did you update to the app factory linked above?
Thanks!

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Дмитрий Ложкин <dimki...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good news, thanks. I have issues with my projects: action set light unavailable (no lights sys/class/leds), variable %NIGHT not monitoring, tasker crash when export to appfactory my project. Anroid 8.1 and magisk for root.

Venkata Pradeep Gurram

May 1, 2018, 9:39:18 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Hi Dev,
Thanks for the quick update. I have an issue with Magisk Manager hide, i mean when we hide the magisk app itself the tasker app cant see the superuser rights from Magisk. Can that be also be fixed when you have time. Please.

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 9:54:25 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
How exactly are you hiding the app? Can you clarify? Thanks

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 10:22:27 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Hi

There is a way using Miui 9 rom to change data from Edge to LTE and viceversa ?

I'm waiting from 2 years ti come back
to Tasker.... But this problem stops me.

Thank you

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 10:44:42 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Were you able to do that before? When was that?

Message has been deleted

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 10:57:40 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Oh no
I never found the way with the Miui rom, in fact I abandoned tasker to use Automagic that works perfectly.
I have the same problem with localization.
however, no one with the miui can use tasker due these limits.

PS thank you for your reply, i want ti come back to Tasker

Дмитрий Ложкин

May 1, 2018, 11:04:52 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
- Did the set light action work with the previous beta?
Not for all previous beta. But in android 8.0 all ok
- When you say not monitoring, do you mean that you're using it as a profile context?
%NIGHT = off always.In android 8.0 too
- Did you update to the app factory linked above?
Yes, clean install. In android 8.0 crash too. Some project without crash, but stop in 17 point sign apk

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 11:04:58 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Does it work without root in Automagic?

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 11:15:52 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Mi phone is rooted

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 11:36:52 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Mi phone is rooted

So it  only works with root as far as you know?

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 11:38:28 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
I really don't know, my phones are all rooted.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 11:42:25 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Another things, automagic for Android seems has no limits on settings phone.... Everything works, GPS,data,Edge to LTE, location settings,tethering ecc.

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 11:45:48 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Which of those don't work in Tasker? Just  Edge to LTE right?

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Daniele Di Alessandro <d.diale...@gmail.com> wrote:
Another things, automagic for Android seems has no limits on settings phone.... Everything works, GPS,data,Edge to LTE, location settings,tethering ecc.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 11:54:52 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
LTE to Edge, Edge to 3G ecc.

This is the main trouble.

To change location mode i need Autotools, but i don't know if works, this evening i'll try to give permission to write settings to see if It works

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 2, 2018, 12:19:39 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
Location mode works fine.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 2, 2018, 12:42:55 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
still a small problem, i can not disable tasker, crashes

NB i'm testing Tasker on a clean Miui ROM, there is only tasker and SU

The same thing in another phone with Magisk, bot phone are xiaomi

Niaogu Bugu

May 2, 2018, 5:31:25 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
Can add app shortcuts to Tasker? Sometimes it's easier than intent.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 2, 2018, 9:10:32 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
I don't understand what you mean.

João Dias

May 2, 2018, 9:11:04 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, just tested it. It actually works with the new "Custom Settings" action on my phones :) Can you try that? Try to automatically find the setting and see if that works for you.

João Dias

May 2, 2018, 9:11:43 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, not sure what you mean. Do you mean calling other app's app shortcuts?

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Niaogu Bugu <bugun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can add app shortcuts to Tasker? Sometimes it's easier than intent.

Paul Vanderperren

May 2, 2018, 9:58:21 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
I too have been suffering since quite a number of (beta) versions from the inability of using the App Factory. Upon selecting 'Export as app' Tasker crashes badly, each and every time :-(

João Dias

May 2, 2018, 10:02:18 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report. Did you report the crash to Google Play?

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Paul Vanderperren <paul.van...@gmail.com> wrote:
I too have been suffering since quite a number of (beta) versions from the inability of using the App Factory. Upon selecting 'Export as app' Tasker crashes badly, each and every time :-(

Robert Ryan

May 2, 2018, 10:14:29 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
On May 2, 2018 7:58:24 AM Paul Vanderperren <paul.van...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I too have been suffering since quite a number of (beta) versions from the
> inability of using the App Factory. Upon selecting 'Export as app' Tasker
> crashes badly, each and every time :-(

You need to use the version listed on the Tasker beta page of Google Play :

http://appfactory.dinglisch.net/releases/AppFactory.5.1.7b.apk

Robert Ryan

May 2, 2018, 10:29:45 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
When I run the app factory it doesn't crash. However, I do get the errors
shown in the attachment.
Screenshot_20180502-082510_App Factory.jpg

João Dias

May 2, 2018, 10:40:32 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is that with version 5.1.8b?

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Robert Ryan <rbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I run the app factory it doesn't crash. However, I do get the errors shown in the attachment.

Robert Ryan

May 2, 2018, 11:05:21 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

On May 2, 2018 8:40:17 AM João Dias <joao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is that with version 5.1.8b?

Yes it is. Both Tasker and App Factory are at version 5.1.8b. I tried reinstalling App Factory and rebooting, but the error still occurs.

Paul Vanderperren

May 2, 2018, 2:15:10 PM5/2/18
to Tasker
Hi Robert. Surely you mean v5.1.8 (because you link to 5.1.7) ?
But yes, with both Tasker and App Factory I'm on v5.1.8 (of course ...). Just like you.

Robert Ryan

May 2, 2018, 2:28:05 PM5/2/18
to Tasker
I must have caught the Playstore between updates. I copied that link directly from the playstore.

I went back 15 minutes later and the link had updated to the correct version. Sorry for the confusion.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 2, 2018, 5:04:37 PM5/2/18
to Tasker
@joaomgcd

Id you mean use "Custom Settings" with "global - preferred_network_mode1" to 9 .....

don't work..... I tested it days ago

Seems that Miui rom close "the door" to Tasker to change Data from LTE to 3G to Edge ecc.....

BUT

if i set preferred_network_mode1 AND THEN
I turn ON airplane mode, then turno off airplane mode, data change ti Edge, LTE ecc....

João Dias

May 3, 2018, 4:18:13 AM5/3/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hmm that's interesting! It seems that Samsung needs to disable data and re-enable for it to work then. So that works for you now? :)

About app factory I'll have to look again. I still have to make icons work as well...

Rich Stevenson

May 3, 2018, 10:39:05 AM5/3/18
to Tasker
With the update to the WiFi Tether does the phone need to be rooted? It prompted me for permission to change settings, but it still fails when trying to turn on the hotspot. The error says, "Neither user 10012 nor the current process has android permission. TETHER_PRIVILEGED."
Android 7.0

João Dias

May 3, 2018, 1:20:45 PM5/3/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
The device doesn't have to be rooted but apparently different phones work in different ways :) What phone are you using?

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Rich Stevenson <richst...@gmail.com> wrote:
With the update to the WiFi Tether does the phone need to be rooted? It prompted me for permission to change settings, but it still fails when trying to turn on the hotspot. The error says, "Neither user 10012 nor the current process has android permission. TETHER_PRIVILEGED."
Android 7.0

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 3, 2018, 1:40:08 PM5/3/18
to Tasker
Hi

I have a Xiaomi Mi6 and Mi5, no Samsung.

however there must be a way without using "airplane", with this way the change is very slow.
Automagic changes immediately, so there must be a way that Tasker can not access, unfortunately.

Rich Stevenson

Robert Ryan

May 3, 2018, 3:24:51 PM5/3/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Wifi Tether gives the following error on my Galaxy S9, Android 8.0.0:

13.20.55/Mirror android.net.ConnectivityManager.setMobileDataEnabled: unavailable
13.20.55/Mirror android.net.ConnectivityManager.setRadio: unavailable
13.20.55/E current state: 1
13.20.55/E WiFi Tether: cur: false new: true
13.20.55/M lastWifiDisableAgoMS: 1525375255331
13.20.55/E check AP state
13.20.55/E AP state: 1
13.20.55/M lastWifiDisableAgoMS: 1525375255331
13.20.55/E current state: 1
13.20.55/E curval: 1
13.20.55/E WiFi: cur: false new: false
13.20.55/E wait for 200ms
13.20.55/E wait finished
13.20.55/E WiFi Tether: setWifiEnabled()
13.20.55/E WiFi Tether: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
13.20.55/E Action WiFi Tether failed.
13.20.55/E result: stop task (error)
13.20.55/E Error: 1
13.20.55/MacroEdit action finished exeID 1 action no 0 code 113 status: Err next 0

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 4:21:02 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

however there must be a way without using "airplane", with this way the change is very slow.

How long does it take on your phone? On mine it takes about 1-2 seconds...

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 4:23:50 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Wifi Tether gives the following error on my Galaxy S9, Android 8.0.0:

Interesting! I have the S9+ with 8.0.0 and it works there... I would assume the software is the same on both... :/
Does that happen with both enabling and disabling?

mdediego

May 4, 2018, 6:23:25 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
Don't know if this has been flagged before, but torch toggle is not working, it just keeps the light on. Actions on/off work, but not toggle. I could add a variable to solve the problem, but I'm trying to keep my global variables as low as possible, so a working toggle action would be best. Thanks

PS device is a rooted LG g5 running stock Nougat

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 6:30:08 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hmm weird, it works for me... How many flashes does your camera have?

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 11:23 AM, mdediego <mded...@gmail.com> wrote:
Don't know if this has been flagged before, but torch toggle is not working, it just keeps the light on. Actions on/off work, but not toggle. I could add a variable to solve the problem, but I'm trying to keep my global variables as low as possible, so a working toggle action would be best. Thanks

PS device is a rooted LG g5 running stock Nougat

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 4, 2018, 6:45:27 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
2-3 seconds..... The Same.

mdediego

Ulf Bjornvold

May 4, 2018, 7:45:44 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
Samsung SM-G930F  - Android 7
Tried custom setting without root.
  • Ran ADP as instructed to allow permissions
  • Used the search for settings helper
    • Using "Sidesync" to control phone, tasker detects gibberish
    • Navigating on the phone display detection seems sensible
  • Tried "Flight mode", "Bluetooth" and "Power settings"
  • Trying to run any of these tasks does not work, no change in settings
  • Tried re-booting phone. Tried same thing - nothing happened.
  • Incidentally the phone booted back up in "Flight mode"  - interesting.

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 1:51:54 PM UTC+2, joaomgcd wrote:
New beta is here! :) As always, you can sign up for it here.

Get the app factory for this release here.

Here is the changelog for this version:

 - Fixed Wifi Tether action
 - Fix root issues with new Magisk update
 - Ability to find a Custom Setting automatically even without root! Demo here.
 - Use root to grant Secure Settings permission automatically if available
 - Fixed issue with keystore files for kid apps
 - Fixed "Share File" action and Run Log view in external viewer
 - Make Power Mode work with Secure Settings permission
 - Fix wait proxy error
 - Fix overlays not allowed sometimes
 - Fix launching app as new copy
 - Fix crash on secure settings test
 - Fixed Missing Permissions when importing files
 - A few more permission checks
 - Fixed getting device ID without phone permissions

Let me know if you have any issues, thanks!

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 7:45:49 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Just one, it was working fine on Pent's last version

What happens if you try to toggle it? Does it always turn it on?

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 7:55:37 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

    • Using "Sidesync" to control phone, tasker detects gibberish
Can you clarify where you see this gibberish exactly?
    • Navigating on the phone display detection seems sensible
Sorry, not sure what you mean by this.
  • Tried "Flight mode", "Bluetooth" and "Power settings"
Airplane mode doesn't work with this setting, sorry. Bluetooth and Power setting have their existing separate Tasker actions, so you can use those.
  • Trying to run any of these tasks does not work, no change in settings
Some settings can't be changed using this method.
  • Tried re-booting phone. Tried same thing - nothing happened.
  • Incidentally the phone booted back up in "Flight mode"  - interesting.
That's because Airplane mode needs a special root-only function for the phone to realize it's in that state. A reboot will do the same.

Ulf Bjornvold

May 4, 2018, 8:03:50 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
Using Sidesync to control the phone - the "Select setting" dialog brings up a full page of text (Example Flight mode) starting with "Enabling input methods com.sec........". Its a full page of text. The "Airplane_mode_on" is on top of it. Selecting directly on the phone - get "Airplane_mode_on: 0 =>...." - and nothing else.

I'm aware of some settings being available elsewhere in Tasker. My point was to test it - as it would be very flexible to be able to select just any setting - by using this method. Very powerful indeed - but as I understand there are limitations to what you can do.

joaomgcd

May 4, 2018, 8:04:19 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
New bugfix beta.

Changelog:

- Fix and add Wireless option to Stay On action - Add more debugging to debug Wifi Tether - Kill app now uses shell command with root - Allow Power Mode to be toggled. - Don't complain if last edited task doesn't have name - Made Notification Pulse use SecureSettings class - Fix Open File action

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 8:06:03 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Using Sidesync to control the phone - the "Select setting" dialog brings up a full page of text (Example Flight mode) starting with "Enabling input methods com.sec........". Its a full page of text. The "Airplane_mode_on" is on top of it. Selecting directly on the phone - get "Airplane_mode_on: 0 =>...." - and nothing else.

Is it possible for you to show me a screenshot of what you mean? :) Sorry, having a hard time visualizing that...

Ulf Bjornvold

May 4, 2018, 8:10:59 AM5/4/18
to Tasker

Robert Ryan

May 4, 2018, 8:26:42 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

On May 4, 2018 2:23:41 AM João Dias <joao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does that happen with both enabling and disabling?

Yes it does.

I can turn the hotspot on manually, so its not a subscription issue. I'm pretty sure it worked on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 with Nougat, but that phone died, so I can't recheck.

mdediego

May 4, 2018, 8:35:07 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
Exactly, always on

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 8:41:59 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Oh I see. :) That is just the enabled input methods you have. Seems that you changed them while trying to find a setting.

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 9:00:00 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Yes it does.

I can turn the hotspot on manually, so its not a subscription issue. I'm pretty sure it worked on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 with Nougat, but that phone died, so I can't recheck.

Can you please try with the new beta? More info should show up when it fails. Thanks!

May 4, 2018, 9:25:22 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
joaomgcd,

The cell near function still does not recognize / match cell tower critieria in a profile.   I have profiles that will turn things on / off based upon what cell tower I am near.   Tasker is not correctly matching the current cell tower against the cell towers I have saved.

Robert Ryan

May 4, 2018, 9:49:53 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Here is the error when trying to enable Wifi Tether:

07.45.29/Mirror android.net.ConnectivityManager.setMobileDataEnabled: unavailable
07.45.29/Mirror android.net.ConnectivityManager.setRadio: unavailable
07.45.29/E current state: 1
07.45.29/E WiFi Tether: cur: false new: true
07.45.29/M lastWifiDisableAgoMS: 1525441529383
07.45.29/E check AP state
07.45.29/E AP state: 1
07.45.29/M lastWifiDisableAgoMS: 1525441529383
07.45.29/E current state: 1
07.45.29/E curval: 1
07.45.29/E WiFi: cur: false new: false
07.45.29/E wait for 200ms
07.45.29/E wait finished
07.45.29/E WiFi Tether: setWifiEnabled()
07.45.29/E WiFi Tether: Enabling wifi tether
07.45.29/E WiFi Tether: Got method with package false
07.45.29/E WiFi Tether: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at a.a.e.j.f.a(SourceFile:45)
at a.a.e.d.a.c(SourceFile:91)
at a.a.f.a(SourceFile:2157)
at com.joaomgcd.taskerm.helper.actions.execute.f.a(SourceFile:42)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(SourceFile:8346)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(SourceFile:4517)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(SourceFile:8857)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(SourceFile:157)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService$1.run(SourceFile:431)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)
at com.joaomgcd.taskerm.helper.actions.execute.f$b.a(SourceFile:110)
at a.a.e.e.b.a.b(SourceFile:39)
at a.a.f.a(SourceFile:2703)
at a.a.f.a(SourceFile:2156)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: ConnectivityService: Neither user 10234 nor current process has android.permission.TETHER_PRIVILEGED.
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1958)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1904)
at android.net.IConnectivityManager$Stub$Proxy.startTethering(IConnectivityManager.java:2152)
... 12 more

07.45.29/E Action WiFi Tether failed.
07.45.29/E result: stop task (error)
07.45.29/E Error: 1
07.45.29/MacroEdit action finished exeID 2 action no 0 code 113 status: Err next 0

Peter Bongé

May 4, 2018, 11:08:28 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
I was surprised that I can add the notification pulse action again, but sadly it doesn't work. I get this error message:

17.03.45/E code 3: com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.a: Can't change this system setting..
17.03.45/E prefsException/Notification Pulse: Can't change this system setting.
17.03.45/ com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.r$a.a(SourceFile:140)
17.03.45/ com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.r$a.a(SourceFile:132)
17.03.45/ a.a.e.e.b.g$a.b_(SourceFile:56)
17.03.45/ a.a.e.e.b.f.b(SourceFile:30)
17.03.45/ a.a.f.a(SourceFile:2703)
17.03.45/ a.a.e.e.b.g.b(SourceFile:33)
17.03.45/E Notification Pulse [ Set:Toggle ]
17.03.45/E result: stop task (error)
17.03.45/E Error: 1
17.03.45/MacroEdit action finished exeID 1 action no 0 code 259 status: Err next 0

HTC U11 life, Android 8.0, not rooted, ADB permissions granted.

Robert Ryan

May 4, 2018, 11:20:55 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

On May 4, 2018 9:08:32 AM Peter Bongé <peter...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was surprised that I can add the notification pulse action again, but
> sadly it doesn't work. I get this error message:

I get the same error on my Galaxy S9, Android 8.0.0, no root.

Robert Ryan

May 4, 2018, 11:36:27 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

When using Open File I get a toast with the following error and the file is not opened. I've tried using different editors with similar results.
Error when loading file

=== Description ===

java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: opening provider android.support.v4.content.FileProvider from ProcessRecord{c2b629b 20248:com.rhmsoft.edit.pro/u0a236} (pid=20248, uid=10236) that is not exported from UID 10234

Robert Ryan

May 4, 2018, 2:49:53 PM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

More information regarding Wifi Tether. I tried to use adb to grant Tasker  android.permission.TETHER_PRIVILEGED and got this error:

Operation not allowed: java.lang.SecurityException: Package net.dinglisch.android.taskerm has not requested permission android.permission.TETHER_PRIVILEGED

Adam Olivero

May 4, 2018, 11:47:24 PM5/4/18
to Tasker
I can't change the notification pulse on my Google Pixel XL on Android 8.1 April security patch. I've granted Write Secure Settings permission. Here's the error I get:

23.46.57/E code 3: com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.a: Can't change this system setting..
23.46.57/E prefsException/Notification Pulse: Can't change this system setting.
23.46.57/ com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.r$a.a(SourceFile:140)
23.46.57/ com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.r$a.a(SourceFile:132)
23.46.57/ a.a.e.e.b.g$a.b_(SourceFile:56)
23.46.57/ a.a.e.e.b.f.b(SourceFile:30)
23.46.57/ a.a.f.a(SourceFile:2703)
23.46.57/ a.a.e.e.b.g.b(SourceFile:33)
23.46.57/E Notification Pulse [ Set:Off ]
23.46.57/E result: stop task (error)
23.46.57/E Error: 1
23.46.57/MacroEdit action finished exeID 2 action no 0 code 259 status: Err next 0

Adam Olivero

May 4, 2018, 11:51:44 PM5/4/18
to Tasker
Here's what I get when I try to use custom setting.

23.50.56/E Custom Setting: ->
23.50.56/E Custom Setting: Can't change this system setting.
23.50.56/E result: stop task (error)
23.50.56/E Error: 1
23.50.56/MacroEdit action finished exeID 1 action no 0 code 235 status: Err next 0

My Pixel is not rooted.

mdediego

May 5, 2018, 5:15:42 AM5/5/18
to Tasker
Yes something else is broken. Notification pulse was asking for root access in the last beta and executed without problem. Now in latest it is not working, I guess I have to grant permission manually, but for rooted users this should not be the case.

Adam Olivero

May 5, 2018, 7:44:51 AM5/5/18
to Tasker
Can we turn notification pulse off without root? I'm starting to think this isn't possible on Android 8 and up 😭

Peter Bongé

May 5, 2018, 8:26:53 AM5/5/18
to Tasker
The reason why it wasn't possible in the last few versions (without root) is that Tasker is released for a Target SDK of 23 (Marshmallow) now. So this action was disabled for non-rooted devices.
With the new version something was changed and the action is enabled for all again. So my assumption is that it should work for non-rooted users again.

If that doesn't work maybe a helper-app would be the best solution. Just like MacroDroid does it:

José Barbosa

May 5, 2018, 9:17:28 AM5/5/18
to Tasker
My first test.
Result: Crash in "Export As App" after "Import project file" created in version 5.1m.

1: Message: "Tasker has stopped ..."
It happens immediately after entering the settings to export. There is no time to set any configuration.

2: Beta version (including appfactory) installed in a "clean" way.

Note: The project runs without errors in the beta. The problem only occurs when trying to export the app.

3: Partial log:

MyUEH: 09.42.40 # MyUEH: error: exception in thread main: android.os.TransationToolLargeException: data parcel size 2472724 bytes ...

Note 2:

Building a small project in beta testing the "Export as App" was completed successfully.

Final: Reinstal 5.1m and everything is ok.

Device: S4 MINI --- RAM 1.5 --- OS: ANDROID 7.1

Other devices: Samsung J7 Prime and J5 Prime.

Adam Olivero

May 5, 2018, 11:37:12 PM5/5/18
to Tasker
Sadly on my device (Google Pixel XL, stock Android 8.1, no root) I can't change the notification pulse with any app above SDK 23. The helper app is a good idea but only a short term fix. Rumor has it that Google will start blocking apps targeting older SDK in Android P.

Didgeridoohan

May 6, 2018, 2:16:30 AM5/6/18
to Tasker
Hi there.

Just wanted to clarify on hiding the Magisk Manager.

The Magisk Manager has a function to hide itself from detection, where it get's a random package name rather than com.topjohnwu.magisk. That will cause issues with the Tasker root detection, since it looks for that package name to know if you're rooted.

Best regards
Didgeridoohan

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 7:51:54 AM UTC-4, joaomgcd wrote:
[...]

João Dias

May 7, 2018, 5:31:54 AM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.
joaomgcd,

The cell near function still does not recognize / match cell tower critieria in a profile.   I have profiles that will turn things on / off based upon what cell tower I am near.   Tasker is not correctly matching the current cell tower against the cell towers I have saved.

Thanks. Do you know if it works on regular Tasker (not beta)?

João Dias

May 7, 2018, 5:43:03 AM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Here is the error when trying to enable Wifi Tether:

Thanks! Unfortunately  even if I add that permission to Tasker and try to grant it via ADB I get the following error:
Operation not allowed: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission android.permission.TETHER_PRIVILEGED is not a changeable permission type

I think maybe your network operator may have blocked that on your device?

João Dias

May 7, 2018, 5:43:59 AM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I was surprised that I can add the notification pulse action again, but sadly it doesn't work. I get this error message:

17.03.45/E code 3: com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.a: Can't change this system setting..
17.03.45/E prefsException/Notification Pulse: Can't change this system setting.
17.03.45/ com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.r$a.a(SourceFile:140)
17.03.45/ com.joaomgcd.taskerm.e.r$a.a(SourceFile:132)
17.03.45/ a.a.e.e.b.g$a.b_(SourceFile:56)
17.03.45/ a.a.e.e.b.f.b(SourceFile:30)
17.03.45/ a.a.f.a(SourceFile:2703)
17.03.45/ a.a.e.e.b.g.b(SourceFile:33)
17.03.45/E Notification Pulse [ Set:Toggle ]
17.03.45/E result: stop task (error)
17.03.45/E Error: 1
17.03.45/MacroEdit action finished exeID 1 action no 0 code 259 status: Err next 0

Thank you. This is in preparation of a Tasker Settings companion app which will allow to change System Settings that Tasker can't :) I'll release that shortly.

João Dias

May 7, 2018, 5:47:19 AM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.

Just wanted to clarify on hiding the Magisk Manager.

The Magisk Manager has a function to hide itself from detection, where it get's a random package name rather than com.topjohnwu.magisk. That will cause issues with the Tasker root detection, since it looks for that package name to know if you're rooted.

But there's already a workaround for that in place. :) Does it not work for you with the latest Tasker beta?

Adam Olivero

May 7, 2018, 7:01:44 AM5/7/18
to Tasker
That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Robert Ryan

May 7, 2018, 9:00:58 AM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

On May 7, 2018 3:42:50 AM João Dias <joao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think maybe your network operator may have blocked that on your device?

I don't know if you were responding to me, but I can enable Wifi Tether manually and it operates fine. It is not blocked by my network.

João Dias

May 7, 2018, 9:11:43 AM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I don't know if you were responding to me, but I can enable Wifi Tether manually and it operates fine. It is not blocked by my network.

Yes I was. I meant that it's blocking other apps from toggling it :) Can you toggle it with any other app that you know of?

May 7, 2018, 9:46:23 AM5/7/18
to Tasker

Robert Ryan

May 7, 2018, 11:41:45 AM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

On May 7, 2018 7:11:24 AM João Dias <joao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I was. I meant that it's blocking other apps from toggling it :)

That's something that I hadn't considered. It is very possible that Verizon in the US is blocking that capability.

> Can you toggle it with any other app that you know of?

I tried two other apps that claimed be able to do this and neither of them were successful.

João Dias

May 7, 2018, 11:44:18 AM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think it might be just Verizon then :( Sorry!

Robert Ryan

May 7, 2018, 12:06:13 PM5/7/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

On May 7, 2018 9:44:07 AM João Dias <joao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I think it might be just Verizon then :( Sorry!

Not a problem. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

joaomgcd

May 9, 2018, 9:13:11 AM5/9/18
to Tasker
Posted a new beta which will use the new Tasker Settings app to change previously unavailable system settings. Let me know how it works!

Robert Ryan

May 9, 2018, 9:40:44 AM5/9/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Can you list some of the settings this app helps with?

João Dias

May 9, 2018, 9:51:26 AM5/9/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes. For example, Notification Pulse will work with it. Also the Custom Setting action would error out with multiple different settings of the type System. Now it should work again :)

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Robert Ryan <rbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you list some of the settings this app helps with?

Peter Bongé

May 9, 2018, 12:21:07 PM5/9/18
to Tasker
With the new Tasker Settings app the notification pulse action is finally working again.
Tested on these devices:

- HTC U11 life (Android 8.0.0, API 26)
- Google Nexus 5X (Android 8.1.0, API 27)
- Google Nexus 5 (Android 6.0.1, API 23)
- Amazon Fire Tablet 2015 (Fire OS 5.6.0.1, Android 5.1.1, API 22)

João Dias

May 9, 2018, 12:48:40 PM5/9/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes! :) Good news!

Rabangus

May 9, 2018, 1:04:03 PM5/9/18
to Tasker
Wow - works fine. I can now toggle wireless fast charging without having to use the old Secure Settings plugin.

Many thanks for this!

Adam Olivero

May 9, 2018, 1:22:56 PM5/9/18
to Tasker
Notification pulse is working here again with the settings app. Prompted properly to install it too! Google Pixel XL Android 8.1 with May 2018 security update, no root, stock ROM. Thanks for making the app!

Does it target an older API version then?

Robert Ryan

May 9, 2018, 1:44:29 PM5/9/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
With the addition of this app, the custom setting action in Tasker is more
powerful than the one in AutoTools.

This makes me wonder if AutoTools Secure Settings will be eventually
deprecated and all of its capabilities transfered to the custom settings
action.

Just thinking out loud 🤔

João Dias

May 9, 2018, 1:57:10 PM5/9/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Great news everyone :D Thanks for the feedback!

Also, if you have a Galaxy S9 there are a lot of system settings you can change this way, give it a shot! :)

Robert, AutoTools still has a bunch of stuff where it's more useful. For example, setting the assistant is easier with that, or setting the enabled accessibility services.

Robert Ryan

May 9, 2018, 2:09:48 PM5/9/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I meant just the custom settings section of the secure settings. The rest of the super useful stuff should, of course, remain where it is. 😊

Peter Bongé

May 9, 2018, 3:09:58 PM5/9/18
to Tasker
I just forgot:
Is the window and the drawer icon really necessary? I don't think so. No comparable app known to me has such things.
You should really remove that.

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2018 18:48:40 UTC+2 schrieb joaomgcd:
Yes! :) Good news!

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2018 15:13:11 UTC+2 schrieb joaomgcd:
Posted a new beta which will use the new Tasker Settings app to change previously unavailable system settings. Let me know how it works!

João Dias

May 10, 2018, 4:39:35 AM5/10/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I see reviews for apps that have that and there are always people that say "This app is useless, doesn't do anything!" and give it 1 star :P

Maybe I should remove the icon once the person has opened it once?

Rabangus

May 10, 2018, 4:41:32 AM5/10/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Some apps give the option to hide them in the app drawer - that might be the way to go...

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tasker" group.

João Dias

May 10, 2018, 5:17:22 AM5/10/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that's what I was thinking :)

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tasker.

Peter Bongé

May 10, 2018, 6:45:26 AM5/10/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
One simple page with info and a checkbox to hide the app drawer icon would
be fine, I think. The current fancy 2-page style is a little bit too much.
And why is this helper app so big (1.1 MB)? Compared to the main app (6.1
MB) it is a little bit strange.
Google Groups "Tasker" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tasker/PIGjkQ7vpXs/unsubscribe.
tasker+un...@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tasker.

>> --

João Dias

May 10, 2018, 7:30:16 AM5/10/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to make it look good for once :P

Released an update that will hide from the launcher after you press the "Open Tasker" button.

Peter Bongé

May 10, 2018, 7:49:45 AM5/10/18
to Tasker
Thanks!
And yes, it looks good.

Maybe there should be an info that the icon gets hidden. Either on the screen with the button or as a toast message after clicking the button.

Gilles P

May 10, 2018, 8:16:52 AM5/10/18
to Tasker
Great news everyone :D Thanks for the feedback!

Also, if you have a Galaxy S9 there are a lot of system settings you can change this way, give it a shot! :)

Now able to change form using native Tasker without extra plugin.
(No more "You cannot keep your settings in the secure settings." error message)
That's really great!
Thanks Joao

João Dias

May 10, 2018, 8:22:39 AM5/10/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Now able to change form using native Tasker without extra plugin.

Great, but what do you mean exactly  by changing "form"? :) Thanks!

Gilles P

May 10, 2018, 8:32:41 AM5/10/18
to Tasker

Great, but what do you mean exactly  by changing "form"? :) Thanks!
sorry, forget the "form": copy/paste error (and message editing not allowed here)
It is loading more messages.