Tasker Beta 5.1.8b

joaomgcd

May 1, 2018, 7:51:54 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
New beta is here! :) As always, you can sign up for it here.

Get the app factory for this release here.

Here is the changelog for this version:

 - Fixed Wifi Tether action
 - Fix root issues with new Magisk update
 - Ability to find a Custom Setting automatically even without root! Demo here.
 - Use root to grant Secure Settings permission automatically if available
 - Fixed issue with keystore files for kid apps
 - Fixed "Share File" action and Run Log view in external viewer
 - Make Power Mode work with Secure Settings permission
 - Fix wait proxy error
 - Fix overlays not allowed sometimes
 - Fix launching app as new copy
 - Fix crash on secure settings test
 - Fixed Missing Permissions when importing files
 - A few more permission checks
 - Fixed getting device ID without phone permissions

Let me know if you have any issues, thanks!

Дмитрий Ложкин

May 1, 2018, 9:05:24 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Good news, thanks. I have issues with my projects: action set light unavailable (no lights sys/class/leds), variable %NIGHT not monitoring, tasker crash when export to appfactory my project. Anroid 8.1 and magisk for root.

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 9:22:53 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report!

  • Did the set light action work with the previous beta?
  • When you say not monitoring, do you mean that you're using it as a profile context?
  • Did you update to the app factory linked above?
Thanks!

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Дмитрий Ложкин <dimki...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good news, thanks. I have issues with my projects: action set light unavailable (no lights sys/class/leds), variable %NIGHT not monitoring, tasker crash when export to appfactory my project. Anroid 8.1 and magisk for root.

Venkata Pradeep Gurram

May 1, 2018, 9:39:18 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Hi Dev,
Thanks for the quick update. I have an issue with Magisk Manager hide, i mean when we hide the magisk app itself the tasker app cant see the superuser rights from Magisk. Can that be also be fixed when you have time. Please.

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 9:54:25 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
How exactly are you hiding the app? Can you clarify? Thanks

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 10:22:27 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Hi

There is a way using Miui 9 rom to change data from Edge to LTE and viceversa ?

I'm waiting from 2 years ti come back
to Tasker.... But this problem stops me.

Thank you

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 10:44:42 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Were you able to do that before? When was that?

Message has been deleted

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 10:57:40 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Oh no
I never found the way with the Miui rom, in fact I abandoned tasker to use Automagic that works perfectly.
I have the same problem with localization.
however, no one with the miui can use tasker due these limits.

PS thank you for your reply, i want ti come back to Tasker

Дмитрий Ложкин

May 1, 2018, 11:04:52 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
- Did the set light action work with the previous beta?
Not for all previous beta. But in android 8.0 all ok
- When you say not monitoring, do you mean that you're using it as a profile context?
%NIGHT = off always.In android 8.0 too
- Did you update to the app factory linked above?
Yes, clean install. In android 8.0 crash too. Some project without crash, but stop in 17 point sign apk

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 11:04:58 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Does it work without root in Automagic?

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 11:15:52 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Mi phone is rooted

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 11:36:52 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Mi phone is rooted

So it  only works with root as far as you know?

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 11:38:28 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
I really don't know, my phones are all rooted.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 11:42:25 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
Another things, automagic for Android seems has no limits on settings phone.... Everything works, GPS,data,Edge to LTE, location settings,tethering ecc.

João Dias

May 1, 2018, 11:45:48 AM5/1/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Which of those don't work in Tasker? Just  Edge to LTE right?

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Daniele Di Alessandro <d.diale...@gmail.com> wrote:
Another things, automagic for Android seems has no limits on settings phone.... Everything works, GPS,data,Edge to LTE, location settings,tethering ecc.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 1, 2018, 11:54:52 AM5/1/18
to Tasker
LTE to Edge, Edge to 3G ecc.

This is the main trouble.

To change location mode i need Autotools, but i don't know if works, this evening i'll try to give permission to write settings to see if It works

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 2, 2018, 12:19:39 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
Location mode works fine.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 2, 2018, 12:42:55 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
still a small problem, i can not disable tasker, crashes

NB i'm testing Tasker on a clean Miui ROM, there is only tasker and SU

The same thing in another phone with Magisk, bot phone are xiaomi

Niaogu Bugu

May 2, 2018, 5:31:25 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
Can add app shortcuts to Tasker? Sometimes it's easier than intent.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 2, 2018, 9:10:32 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
I don't understand what you mean.

João Dias

May 2, 2018, 9:11:04 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, just tested it. It actually works with the new "Custom Settings" action on my phones :) Can you try that? Try to automatically find the setting and see if that works for you.

João Dias

May 2, 2018, 9:11:43 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, not sure what you mean. Do you mean calling other app's app shortcuts?

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Niaogu Bugu <bugun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can add app shortcuts to Tasker? Sometimes it's easier than intent.

Paul Vanderperren

May 2, 2018, 9:58:21 AM5/2/18
to Tasker
I too have been suffering since quite a number of (beta) versions from the inability of using the App Factory. Upon selecting 'Export as app' Tasker crashes badly, each and every time :-(

João Dias

May 2, 2018, 10:02:18 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report. Did you report the crash to Google Play?

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Paul Vanderperren <paul.van...@gmail.com> wrote:
I too have been suffering since quite a number of (beta) versions from the inability of using the App Factory. Upon selecting 'Export as app' Tasker crashes badly, each and every time :-(

Robert Ryan

May 2, 2018, 10:14:29 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
On May 2, 2018 7:58:24 AM Paul Vanderperren <paul.van...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I too have been suffering since quite a number of (beta) versions from the
> inability of using the App Factory. Upon selecting 'Export as app' Tasker
> crashes badly, each and every time :-(

You need to use the version listed on the Tasker beta page of Google Play :

http://appfactory.dinglisch.net/releases/AppFactory.5.1.7b.apk

Robert Ryan

May 2, 2018, 10:29:45 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
When I run the app factory it doesn't crash. However, I do get the errors
shown in the attachment.
Screenshot_20180502-082510_App Factory.jpg

João Dias

May 2, 2018, 10:40:32 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is that with version 5.1.8b?

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Robert Ryan <rbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I run the app factory it doesn't crash. However, I do get the errors shown in the attachment.

Robert Ryan

May 2, 2018, 11:05:21 AM5/2/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

On May 2, 2018 8:40:17 AM João Dias <joao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is that with version 5.1.8b?

Yes it is. Both Tasker and App Factory are at version 5.1.8b. I tried reinstalling App Factory and rebooting, but the error still occurs.

Paul Vanderperren

May 2, 2018, 2:15:10 PM5/2/18
to Tasker
Hi Robert. Surely you mean v5.1.8 (because you link to 5.1.7) ?
But yes, with both Tasker and App Factory I'm on v5.1.8 (of course ...). Just like you.

Robert Ryan

May 2, 2018, 2:28:05 PM5/2/18
to Tasker
I must have caught the Playstore between updates. I copied that link directly from the playstore.

I went back 15 minutes later and the link had updated to the correct version. Sorry for the confusion.

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 2, 2018, 5:04:37 PM5/2/18
to Tasker
@joaomgcd

Id you mean use "Custom Settings" with "global - preferred_network_mode1" to 9 .....

don't work..... I tested it days ago

Seems that Miui rom close "the door" to Tasker to change Data from LTE to 3G to Edge ecc.....

BUT

if i set preferred_network_mode1 AND THEN
I turn ON airplane mode, then turno off airplane mode, data change ti Edge, LTE ecc....

João Dias

May 3, 2018, 4:18:13 AM5/3/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hmm that's interesting! It seems that Samsung needs to disable data and re-enable for it to work then. So that works for you now? :)

About app factory I'll have to look again. I still have to make icons work as well...

Rich Stevenson

May 3, 2018, 10:39:05 AM5/3/18
to Tasker
With the update to the WiFi Tether does the phone need to be rooted? It prompted me for permission to change settings, but it still fails when trying to turn on the hotspot. The error says, "Neither user 10012 nor the current process has android permission. TETHER_PRIVILEGED."
Android 7.0

João Dias

May 3, 2018, 1:20:45 PM5/3/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
The device doesn't have to be rooted but apparently different phones work in different ways :) What phone are you using?

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Rich Stevenson <richst...@gmail.com> wrote:
With the update to the WiFi Tether does the phone need to be rooted? It prompted me for permission to change settings, but it still fails when trying to turn on the hotspot. The error says, "Neither user 10012 nor the current process has android permission. TETHER_PRIVILEGED."
Android 7.0

Daniele Di Alessandro

May 3, 2018, 1:40:08 PM5/3/18
to Tasker
Hi

I have a Xiaomi Mi6 and Mi5, no Samsung.

however there must be a way without using "airplane", with this way the change is very slow.
Automagic changes immediately, so there must be a way that Tasker can not access, unfortunately.

Rich Stevenson

Robert Ryan

May 3, 2018, 3:24:51 PM5/3/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Wifi Tether gives the following error on my Galaxy S9, Android 8.0.0:

13.20.55/Mirror android.net.ConnectivityManager.setMobileDataEnabled: unavailable
13.20.55/Mirror android.net.ConnectivityManager.setRadio: unavailable
13.20.55/E current state: 1
13.20.55/E WiFi Tether: cur: false new: true
13.20.55/M lastWifiDisableAgoMS: 1525375255331
13.20.55/E check AP state
13.20.55/E AP state: 1
13.20.55/M lastWifiDisableAgoMS: 1525375255331
13.20.55/E current state: 1
13.20.55/E curval: 1
13.20.55/E WiFi: cur: false new: false
13.20.55/E wait for 200ms
13.20.55/E wait finished
13.20.55/E WiFi Tether: setWifiEnabled()
13.20.55/E WiFi Tether: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
13.20.55/E Action WiFi Tether failed.
13.20.55/E result: stop task (error)
13.20.55/E Error: 1
13.20.55/MacroEdit action finished exeID 1 action no 0 code 113 status: Err next 0

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 4:21:02 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

however there must be a way without using "airplane", with this way the change is very slow.

How long does it take on your phone? On mine it takes about 1-2 seconds...

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 4:23:50 AM5/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Wifi Tether gives the following error on my Galaxy S9, Android 8.0.0:

Interesting! I have the S9+ with 8.0.0 and it works there... I would assume the software is the same on both... :/
Does that happen with both enabling and disabling?

mdediego

May 4, 2018, 6:23:25 AM5/4/18
to Tasker
Don't know if this has been flagged before, but torch toggle is not working, it just keeps the light on. Actions on/off work, but not toggle. I could add a variable to solve the problem, but I'm trying to keep my global variables as low as possible, so a working toggle action would be best. Thanks

PS device is a rooted LG g5 running stock Nougat

João Dias

May 4, 2018, 6:30:08 AM5/4/18