Disable the High Volume Warning - Only Works for Headphone Jack, NOT Bluetooth

Jeff

Jul 8, 2019, 1:31:07 AM7/8/19
to Tasker
I followed the instructions here in order to use Tasker and AutoTools to disable the High Volume Warning (audio_safe_volume_state).  While it was successful on the headphone jack, it was not successful on any of my Bluetooth devices.  The warning still appears when trying to raise the media volume on a Bluetooth device.

I was able to discover a work around for now, by installing/purchasing AutoInput, and adding a Plugin > AutoInput > Action > Click task, then configuring it to click OK when that warning text appears.  I had created a Profile with the State > Net > BT Connected as follows:
Profile: Turn BT Volume Max
State: Net > BT Connected
Task: Turn Volume Max
A1: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:3 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A2: Media Volume [ Level: 15 ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:
Type: Text
Value: OK
Action: Click ]

While the workaround works, I am still baffled as to why BT and the headphone jack are handled differently with the audio_safe_volume_state value.

Any ideas what could be causing this?  Is there another global value for the warning that pertains specifically to BT devices?

Romer

Jul 13, 2019, 6:49:19 AM7/13/19
to Tasker

Thank you for posting the workaround you came up with.

I am a total noob and have also been chasing a solution to this annoyance and came up with this info that may or may not be helpful.

"audio_safe_volume_state" is overridden by "unsafe_volume_music_active_ms" in the secure settings.

The value counts up in ms until it reaches 72000000ms (20 hours), then it resets the volume state.

Resetting the "unsafe_volume_music_active_ms" value before it reaches 20 hours will not take effect until you reboot your phone.

Christian Bethel

Oct 18, 2021, 1:51:32 PM10/18/21
to Tasker
How do you reset the value before it reaches 72000000 milliseconds?