Escape character (#) on sms received

andrea...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2022, 2:42:01 AMJun 1
to Tasker
Hi all!
I have a profile that send through Telegram all SMS that I receive (on a spare smartphone), but all the SMS that has a # in them get truncated at that character.
For example all the SMS that are like "<#>bla bla bla" are forwarded as "<".
Is there a way to ewscape the hash char?
Thanks!

RSF

Jun 1, 2022, 10:38:36 AMJun 1
to Tasker
Not aware of an escape mechanism, though others may know. As a workaround, you could do a Variable Search-Replace to replace all "#" characters with "(hash)" or "-" or an empty string, etc., prior to sending the message through Telegram.

andrea...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2022, 1:14:21 PMJun 1
to Tasker
Damn...that's a very effective workaround, how could I not think about it?!!!
Thanks!