Easier refactoring

e6p76...@snkmail.com

Jun 18, 2022, 9:25:12 PM6/18/22
to Tasker
I often refactor projects that have useful functions, abstracting common actions into their own tasks, then abstracting those out into dedicated project libraries. It's a huge pain to do that.

It might be REALLY cool to have a feature where we can select a group of actions, export them into a different task, then replace those lines with a Perform for that task - all without leaving the current task. This is the IDE equivalent to "refactor selection into a new function".

In short, Tasker is awesome for what it does, but How we have to make it do these things is painfully primitive, compared to normal development where there is an IDE, quick ability to copy, refactor, find assets, etc. Are there any plans for changes in this area? I don't mean something like Tasky that makes Tasker usable by non-developers, I mean something that makes Tasker more usable by developers.

Thanks!

João Dias

Jul 27, 2022, 6:44:14 AM7/27/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi again! Thanks for the great suggestion! That makes total sense! Wish I'd thought of that before 😅 I'm not at my dev PC at the moment so I can't add it right away but I'll try to add this on friday!

Thanks again!

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

João Dias

Aug 1, 2022, 9:42:22 AM8/1/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, added! Took one more day than expected but it seems to be working now!

Can you please try this version? https://drive.google.com/file/d/19w0kkEle9oinGusDHMe-1f1u6_xuuifD/view?usp=sharing

If you want you can also check any previous releases here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GW55YKFiuOZhJVswnt_BQUCJoGm36ugF?usp=sharing

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

NIU

Aug 2, 2022, 9:51:15 AM8/2/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
What's this about? I forgot

AquaeAtrae

Aug 3, 2022, 4:08:41 AM8/3/22
to Tasker
Nice. I very much support any effort to refactor and standardize Tasker's scripting UX! I love what Tasker can do, but the language and means of orchestrating it is so unconventional at every level that it's painful to work with.