Patreon version

Morgan Young

Jun 3, 2023, 12:57:36 AM6/3/23
to Tasker
Went to add new version of tasker from Patreon email today.

Now tasker tells me it doesn't have access to storage/files/external storage.   I have rebooted, installed/uninstalled, and rolled back to google play beta version of tasker.

I have a samsung s20 plus.

Morgan

Matevz Leskovsek

Jun 3, 2023, 3:57:04 AM6/3/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
probably the case is: android changed files access to scope access in
API 30 (Android 11) and it affects new installations, not old ones..
my best idea, revert to android 10, or find a rom based on android 10
or 9.. https://developer.android.com/about/versions/11/privacy/storage

Matevz Leskovsek

Jun 3, 2023, 7:38:31 AM6/3/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
not all s20 can be reverted to a10, i highly suggest this guy for
help: https://www.fiverr.com/eliaamir22

hopefully, joao has a better solution

João Dias

Jun 6, 2023, 5:01:49 AM6/6/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Are you still having this issue?

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Morgan Young

Jun 6, 2023, 7:29:06 AM6/6/23
to Tasker
yes.

Morgan

Morgan Young

Jun 6, 2023, 8:01:43 AM6/6/23
to Tasker
These are the screenshots of the messages I keep seeing.   right now I have to go to work I will keep testing and let you know.   I did see that you put another update on patreon today/lastnight 6/6/23, and I downloaded it and seen the screenshots below.

it keeps telling me it doesn't have access to storage, but then does not show me the storage access.   that is located in another place in the android settings.

Morgan

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023, 04:01 João Dias <joao...@gmail.com> wrote:
Screenshot_20230606_065549_Tasker.jpg
Screenshot_20230606_065617_Permission controller.jpg
Screenshot_20230606_065609_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20230606_065600_Tasker.jpg
Screenshot_20230606_065623_Permission controller.jpg
Screenshot_20230606_070020_Gmail.jpg

Erik Carlin

Jun 6, 2023, 8:06:55 AM6/6/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I am having all kinds of trouble with AutoShare but I managed to fix my storage permission and empty run log with these two ADB commands. And yes, I ran everything in the Tasker permissions app.

Here's the two I ran via ADB to finally resolve that issue. Hope it helps you.

 .\adb.exe shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

 .\adb.exe shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Erik Carlin

Jun 6, 2023, 8:09:17 AM6/6/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
And sorry, here's the recent Reddit post of a user having the same kinds of problems. https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/13vejjo/storage_access_error/

Erik Carlin

Jun 6, 2023, 9:06:33 AM6/6/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
And here's a guy that just fixed his storage permission issue with the above commands. https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/141vpj4/access_storage_android_13/jn44b49

Morgan Young

Jun 6, 2023, 6:39:49 PM6/6/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have always had a very hard time doing the adb commands and have stopped trying to do them.  I haven't rooted any of my phones for more than 5 years because of it.  Do I really need to be able to root my phone to keep using tasker?

Be safe.
Morgan Young, BS, EMT-P
richard.m....@gmail.com

Airdata UAV|Drone Safety Verified Badge

Erik Carlin

Jun 6, 2023, 10:38:55 PM6/6/23
to Tasker
No, you definitely don't need to root your phone. I simply gave you a couple ADB commands that, in theory, should be done by that Tasker Settings exe. I did find that I had to run these ADB commands even still after wiping my phone to fix another Tasker related issue on my phone. It's pretty simple to do, instructions are straight forward.

Powershell admin, cd into the folder, .\adb xxxxx
USB debugging and developer options enabled.

I wasn't able to fix my issue with the Tasker application exe alone.

Erik

João Dias

Jun 7, 2023, 9:36:04 AM6/7/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, sorry for the trouble. I've tried changing something. Can you please try this version? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YGuMAWRfyYlUKMdgb4xyVEUfddWz_zzI/view

If you want you can also check any previous releases here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GW55YKFiuOZhJVswnt_BQUCJoGm36ugF?usp=sharing

Erik Carlin

Jun 7, 2023, 10:05:41 AM6/7/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is this for the autoshare issue or his above? Tried this version and I'm still getting the same error. Unsupported attachment if I try and send %screenshots1. If I try pointing directly to a file it works fine.

Run log seems to show success and no errors but it keeps erroring out with unsupported attachment.

Attached is a couple pictures. This used to all work fine.

Thank you :)

Screenshot_20230607_080320_Tasker.jpg
Screenshot_20230607_080428_Tasker.jpg
Screenshot_20230607_080425_Tasker.jpg

João Dias

Jun 7, 2023, 10:14:28 AM6/7/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Sorry, this was for the previous issue 😅 I haven't had time to look into the AutoShare issue yet, sorry about that!

Erik Carlin

Jun 7, 2023, 10:16:49 AM6/7/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Perfect, thanks for the update 😉 thought I'd get lucky. Cheers!

Morgan Young

Jun 7, 2023, 11:45:15 AM6/7/23
to Tasker
this seems to be working.