Set ringer and notification volume Pixel 6 Android 12

Jon

Aug 2, 2022, 10:02:56 AM8/2/22
to Tasker
I did a search and found a thread from 2021 with the same issue as me but no follow up.  Basically I had this exact same issue with another automation app and switched to Tasker in hopes of not having it happen.

I have a very simple location triggered task to either set my ringer and notification volume to 50% or 100% depending on if I get home or leave home.

What happens is Tasker runs and in my phones UI the volume slider moves to the correct position but the actual volume doesn't change.  In the previous thread it was suggested to put a wait before changing the volume so I put a 3sec wait then change ringer then another 3 sec wait change notification.  This did not fix the issue as again the UI shows the slider moved to the correct spot but my volume didn't change.

My only other thought is that it has something to do with my phone being connected to my cars Bluetooth (or android auto thru USB as I use both) when the task excites that is causing it to not work.

I have not had the chance to look into setting something up to wait till the phone disconnects but it would be cool to know what is causing this or if anyone smarter than me has any ideas.  Thanks in advance for any help.

João Dias

Aug 2, 2022, 12:51:19 PM8/2/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Jon

Aug 2, 2022, 1:13:03 PM8/2/22
to Tasker

    Profile: Home
    Settings: Notification: no
    Location:  removed before posting / removed before posting / 200.0m

    Enter Task: Volume 50%

    A1: Wait [
         MS: 0
         Seconds: 3
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A2: Ringer Volume [
         Level: 3 ]

    A3: Wait [
         MS: 0
         Seconds: 3
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A4: Notification Volume [
         Level: 3 ]

    Exit Task: Volume 100%

    A1: Wait [
         MS: 0
         Seconds: 3
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A2: Ringer Volume [
         Level: 7 ]

    A3: Wait [
         MS: 0
         Seconds: 3
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A4: Notification Volume [
         Level: 7 ]

Jon

Aug 4, 2022, 9:29:31 AM8/4/22
to Tasker
Again today the same result.  The task ran when I left and the log shows ok for everything and the UI shows my volume set to 100% but it did not change the volume.  Once I move the slider with my finger then the volume actually changes.

Jon

Aug 9, 2022, 9:11:25 AM8/9/22
to Tasker
Any ideas?

João Dias

Aug 11, 2022, 10:36:27 AM8/11/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Sorry for the late reply!

Unfortunately Google have made ringer and notification volume one and the same on later versions of Android. Did you try only changing the ringer volume instead of both and see if that helps?