Error when trying to send a text file from my phone to my pc

Ani Sai

May 24, 2023, 6:53:27 PM5/24/23
to Tasker
Hi, I'm new to Tasker. I'm having trouble creating a task where I can automatically send a text file from my phone to my pc. I tried using Run Shell and put in the command:   adb push /sorage/emulated/0/Main/main.txt C:\School\Coding\temp.

Is there a better way to send a file to my pc via usb or can I somehow use abd wifi for this?

JW Webnaut

May 24, 2023, 11:39:04 PM5/24/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Write storage instead of sorage!

Am 25. Mai 2023 00:53:31 schrieb Ani Sai <anisai1...@gmail.com>:

Hi, I'm new to Tasker. I'm having trouble creating a task where I can automatically send a text file from my phone to my pc. I tried using Run Shell and put in the command:   adb push /sorage/emulated/0/Main/main.txt C:\School\Coding\temp.

Is there a better way to send a file to my pc via usb or can I somehow use abd wifi for this?

Ani Sai

May 25, 2023, 1:50:13 PM5/25/23
to Tasker
My bad. I wrote it wrong when typing it here. But it is correct on tasker.

Soudane GMTA

May 27, 2023, 8:34:03 AM5/27/23
to Tasker

When copying an item from your Android device to the PC, you need "adb pull", not "adb push".

Does the following work?

adb pull /storage/emulated/0/Main/main.txt C:\School\Coding\temp

The point of view of "adb" is the machine it's running on ... in other words, your PC.  So, you "push" from the PC to the Android device, and you "pull" from the Android device to the PC.

Ani Sai

Jun 1, 2023, 8:06:25 PM6/1/23
to Tasker
Nope that doesn't work either. I have been trying both methods for everything i try.