Things on/in a Samsung S21 I would like to make happen with Tasker

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2021, 7:45:24 PM12/4/21
to Tasker
Alas I am damned if I did and damned if I didn't upgrade from an S5 to the S21.

The S5 had a great feature that if I missed a call or SMS and picked the phone up:  it (the phone) would vibrate.

This doesn't seem to happen now and from what I can tell this has been deprecated/removed from happening.

The other is the notification LED glowing if I have a missed call or SMS.

I've tried the `media/LED` but that doesn't do anything with/to the LED.
Permissions given.

For the sake of testing all I have it "Title" test,   "Text" (blank)  LED colour BLUE "Rate" 79, but any value gives same result.

Run it and no LED activity at all.
All I get is a message popping up and an icon (or two) at the top of the screen.

João Dias

Dec 6, 2021, 8:26:04 AM12/6/21
to Tasker
Hi! I'll try to help you out. With that missed call feature, it would happen even if the phone's screen was off, correct?

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2021, 2:55:35 PM12/6/21
to Tasker
Yes, I would like it to happen even if the screen is off.

That's kind of the idea.   The screen is off but I get the "led" (is there actually an LED?) glowing to get my attention.

João Dias

Dec 7, 2021, 9:06:44 AM12/7/21
to Tasker
Ok, here you go. I've created a profile for you: https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8ne7oO4s%2BaDx%2FwlzjdFTfVMWstg1ay5AkpiNdrLoSXEZdFfw1IpXiyJCVLNW0yn&id=Project%3AMissed+Call+Reminder

You do need to use the following version of Tasker though, cause I fixed a bug that was preventing this from working correctly 😅. Sorry about that.

Hope this helps!

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2021, 3:25:44 PM12/7/21
to Tasker
I'm stuck.

I have downloaded (from the phone) the link for the *new* Tasker.   It isn't installing as there is no "default app".
I got the usual warnings about downloading from unknown source and told it to download anyway.

I then get a notification (drats lost it now as I already looked at it) and I am getting it to open in one of 3 programs.  I think the web browser was one.

To the best of my knowledge I had version 5.8

The .apk was version 3 (or the number seen was 3.)   I can't see how 3 is a later version than 5.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2021, 3:29:22 PM12/7/21
to Tasker
Further complicating things:

On my computer I see an attachment.

Looking at the e-mail on my phone (with the GMAIL app)  no attachment is shown.
So that's thrown another spanner in the works.

Cat

Dec 7, 2021, 3:33:17 PM12/7/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, update:

On the phone in the list window if I click on the attachment I get 3 options:
Drive (google)   WPS office Firefox.

I don't know if any of those would be correct.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2021, 3:56:08 PM12/7/21
to Tasker
Finally got it.

Updated Tasker.

Downloaded/imported your profile.

It "complained" (understandably) about installing from foreign places.   All allowed.

It said it was imported.   I can't find it.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2021, 2:37:06 AM12/9/21
to Tasker
I got your project loaded - eventually.

I was digging around and noticed that Tasker didn't have permission to install apps.

Ticked that box and things started to work.

Progress.

Thanks.

egtd bdag

Dec 10, 2021, 4:43:31 AM12/10/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Download app. "LED
me know"  from playstore... Think is about 5 euro. This will allow you to configure  coloured notifications  around the camera front screen aperture. It can be done for any type of notification, contact etc and colours. Works brilliantly and even does a separate charging led.