AutoVoice showing unrecognizable devices

44 views
Skip to first unread message

GeneM

unread,
Jul 19, 2021, 9:31:25 AM (4 days ago) Jul 19
to Tasker
Hi.  I've noticed recently that on all my devices, AutoVoice ( 4.0.0) is showing me devices that I have never heard of. I cannot find these devices in the Join app (3.0.0), or on my API page.

I'm aware I can just delete the device, but I was hoping to investigate what these devices could be before doing so. Any suggestions? Cause for concern? 

Tnx!

GeneM

unread,
Jul 20, 2021, 10:11:39 AM (3 days ago) Jul 20
to Tasker
Update: Decided to move forward and just delete my two unknown devices. It appears the two unknown devices are the two devices that I wanted to use, they are just renamed: gta4lwifi and sunfish! 

These names only appear in the AutoVoice app. 
All of my devices are represented properly on my Join API page. 
Everything looks fine in the AutoVoice logs. 
Everything functions perfectly for AutoVoice.
Just not understanding why all of my AutoVoice devices inside the AutoVoice app suddenly appear as gta4lwifi and sunfish! .
Stumped.

(I hope I'm posting this in the proper forum.)

GeneM

unread,
Jul 20, 2021, 8:37:25 PM (3 days ago) Jul 20
to Tasker
We'll, more research is showing that
“Sunfish” is the Google Pixel 4a with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730, and
"gta4lwifi" is the code name for the Samsung galaxy tab a7  (sm t500)

My A7 used to show it's proper device name, so I guess this my be something on the server side? (The 4a is a new device.)

joaomgcd

unread,
Jul 21, 2021, 5:05:56 AM (2 days ago) Jul 21
to Tasker
Hi, thanks for the report! That's strange cause as far as I know I didn't change the way device names are gotten... Are you absolutely sure the A7 showed correctly before?

Incidentally I did change the way Join gets the device name 😅 Weird that you'd see the change in AutoVoice but not in Join!

GeneM

unread,
Jul 21, 2021, 7:47:07 AM (2 days ago) Jul 21
to Tasker
Yes, this all came to my attention a few days ago when I brought this Pixel 4A into the house! I'm not suggesting that is what initiated the symptom, but the day you spend getting a new device up and running is when I noticed three strange devices when I was configuring AutoVoice. That third device, which I didn't mention in this thread yet, was appearing as "moto g power". Strange, given another household member has a Moto G Power but I never would have set up AutoVoice on that device. So, I just deleted it and moved on.

Since my last post here, I repowered up my previous phone, a Moto g7, which always appeared as MyG7 in AutoVoice. While I had it running, I took a peek at AutoVoice, and was surprised to see "moto g power" was back! What the ...

Ok, so I was wondering what the best thing to do next would be.
- I was wondering if there's and backend relationship between AutoVoice devices to Join devices. 
- Maybe there's something I can do on my Google account side to remove everything there as it relates to AutoVoice, but didn't know what that would be.
- Maybe I should just bring up a completely new factory reset device and try AutoVoice using a different Google account.
🤔
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages