USSD code to workaround Samsung Galaxy S3 wifi bug?

leopheard

Aug 16, 2012, 8:23:02 AM8/16/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The Galaxy S3 has a reported bug that the 'power saving mode' causes the wifi to constantly disconnect.

Until Samsung release a fix, the only way around it is to dial the USSD code of *#0011#, then menu select in this 'service mode', select wifi and uncheck the 'Wifi Power Save Mode' function. (See screen grabs).

What would the easiest way to add this as a task before the wifi is turned on? I've tried automating it by adding a number autodial, but the Android system states 'connection problem invalid MMI code'.

Any ideas?

Thanks

SamsungS3-screengrab3.JPG
SamsungS3-screengrab1.JPG
SamsungS3-screengrab2.JPG

Scott Miller

Aug 16, 2012, 8:54:34 AM8/16/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the same boat, and have not yet figured a way to do this. Because it requires clicking a button, the only solution I can think of is to use DPAD, but that requires root. Which may not be a big deal for anyone looking for this solution. I think the bigger problem is the button is a toggle, so if it happens to already be off, it will turn on. Until I find a better way, I have Tasker doing a popup to remind me to do it every time I boot the phone. That's the best I've come up with so far. There might be an intent that can be called, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Scott

leopheard

Aug 16, 2012, 9:49:40 AM8/16/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I've tried 'sendintent' but doesn't that send info to the network provider? I've tried to paste the *#0011# in from the clipboard into the call, nope.

I think the only way for it to work as you say is through DPAD. A toggle is probably a workaround, but the aim would be to stop it dropping out in the first place.

It's a shame this setting isn't available through the normal menus.

Virendra Verma

Dec 11, 2014, 12:03:10 PM12/11/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com, leop...@gmail.com
Thank you man, I was looking for this solution from a long time. I was so frustrated that I had even planned to sell my this Android phone and switching to Windows. Thank you a lot.
I would love to be in touch with you. Are you on Facebook?
Never mind. Thanks a lot Sir! :)

Marta Hintz

Dec 11, 2014, 2:16:41 PM12/11/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com, leop...@gmail.com
you may check out autoinput to click a button, it works on  Kitkat.  It is a auto plugin from Jao.