Trying to block incoming, but I find it also blocking outgoing

56 Kruiser

Apr 16, 2022, 6:01:09 PM4/16/22
to Tasker
I have some tasks that block calls if in certain zip codes, trying to filter spam out.

I have it blocking my own zip code too, as practically no calls come from that zip code as I  no longer live there. The pictures below show the Profile and The Task.

I had help here in the group setting it up. My intention was to NOT block if the number is in my contacts. That seems to be working, but I don't understand how from the task. But that isn't my issue either.

The problem I have is that when I try to call my wife (same zip as me), it sometimes blocks it. That's an outgoing call, it shouldn't block any outgoing calls.

It pops up with a small message at the bottom of the screen saying "blocked by pattern 785XXXXXXX" (it does not give X's...I'm just not inserting my wife's number). It leaves a notification in the pulldown saying that, with a red edged white triangle with an exclamation point in the center. It is initially  titled "Tasker Problem", then changes to the phone number, which is pictured in the third attachment. And interestingly, it has to the right a time that  counts up. At the time of my screen capture it had been 2 minutes 54 seconds

Another interesting thing, if I use Google Assistant to call her, it does work fine.

So, net net, the main issue it is blocking when I call my wife's phone number...which again no outgoing should be  blocking. I'm thinking something may be wrong with the profile.

But I have no clue. Any thoughts what might be going on?

Screenshot_20220416-173548_Tasker.jpg

Screenshot_20220416-173558_Tasker.jpg

Screenshot_20220416-174842_Phone.jpg

zimme...@googlemail.com

Apr 17, 2022, 12:42:06 PM4/17/22
to Tasker
you've set only one condition (phone number). You could set %cs_incoming as additional condition to block if it's true (then it should not block if the first condition is true, but the second one is not).

56 Kruiser

Apr 18, 2022, 6:06:40 PM4/18/22
to Tasker
That should work. I hate to ask, what would be proper way to test for cs_incoming for being true? I tried browsing the Tasker user guide, not coming up with it. It didn't even find the variable cs_incoming when I searched.variables in the user guide.

I appreciate your input.
Message has been deleted

Morgan Young

Apr 19, 2022, 10:02:24 AM4/19/22
to Tasker
I would think you should only set %cs_incoming.   I can see setting %cs_number being a problem.

You could set another condition of having it NOT block your specific number.

Morgan

zimme...@googlemail.com

Apr 21, 2022, 9:34:51 PM4/21/22
to Tasker
cs_incoming is a local variable, created (only) in this specific profile, just like %cs_number (and therefore, it is not included in the variables section of the userguide). If you read carefully what is written in your own screenshots, I hope it will be clear to you.