According to Google AI:
The main difference between the am kill and am force-stop commands is how deeply they terminate the application and whether they allow it to restart. am force-stop completely shuts down the app and locks it from running again, whereas am kill only terminates safe background processes, allowing the app to easily wake back up.
It would seem, based upon experiential results, that the Kill App action uses the equivalent of KILL rather than force-stop. And in some cases, KILL does not make the target app dead enough!
I know this has been discussed before. And so far, it appears that the only way for Tasker to force-stop an app is when a rooted device executes am force-stop pkg_name in a shell.
Since I am rooted, I can do that and actually get the results, I seek. And I suspect that using Shizuku might help for non-rooted. But it would be great (if at all possible) if the Kill App action had an option to force-stop instead of KILL.
Thanks, as always...
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tasker" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tasker/FmqI_HxIDO8/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to tasker+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tasker/CAG6Z%2BFd%3DN-WTcYyywQUHOYu1je%3DZDFK%3D5LuD_af2WQQrd84hqQ%40mail.gmail.com.