Privacy concern about adding joaoapps.com

Ruoh Peng Chiew

Oct 5, 2022, 4:59:25 AM10/5/22
to Tasker
I am referring to Step 3 in

If we create credentials with joaoapps.com as authorized domain, does it mean the developer will have access to all of our files?

Thank you.

João Dias

Oct 6, 2022, 4:45:45 AM10/6/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. It does not mean that I get access to all of your files. It just means that you'll use my page to sign you in to the service. However you may also choose to use your own redirect page if you want, you just have to host it yourself somewhere. Make sure to copy all the code on my page to make it work.

Hope this clarifies things.

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Chiew Ruoh Peng

Nov 17, 2022, 10:40:51 AM11/17/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have made a copy of your auth.html and host it on https://zhouruopeng.com/auth.html

I have also updated the redirect_uri:
image.png

However when running HTTP Auth, I got an ERROR 400 complaining URI mismatch
Screenshot_20221117-233338.png
Screenshot_20221117-233252.png

For some reason, the redirect_uri still goes to tasker.joaoapps.com/auth.html

Can you help?  Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Chiew Ruoh Peng

---

每天都有好文章

João Dias

Nov 17, 2022, 10:56:00 AM11/17/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You also need to set the custom redirect URL in the AutoWeb Web Service's configuration. Did you do that?

Chiew Ruoh Peng

Nov 17, 2022, 11:12:08 AM11/17/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I actually don't have AutoWeb installed. Do I need that?

João Dias

Nov 18, 2022, 6:06:16 AM11/18/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Oh sorry, I misread that! 😅

To use a custom redirect URI add it as a URL query parameter in the "Endpoint to get code" field in the "HTTP Auth" action.

So, for example, if your endpoint to get code is "https://api/code" you would set it as "https://api/code?redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fmyredirecturi%2Fmyauth.html".

Hope this helps!

Chiew Ruoh Peng

Nov 18, 2022, 6:23:30 AM11/18/22