Error when trying to login to Google Drive

Luiz Lima

Sep 16, 2021, 8:32:00 AM9/16/21
to Tasker
When I try to login to Google Drive on my Chromcast with Google TV the process starts well by showing me a list of my accounts on the device for me to select one, but then I get a message that says:

Something went wrong
Sorry, this app is not supported. Please try again later.

This used to work before. A few months ago, when I setup CCwGTV for the first time, I was able to create a Tasker task that copied files between my device and Google Drive. However, when trying to enable Google Drive backup now, I get the error above.

I've tried a number of things: I've disconnected my USB hub, connected via Wi-Fi, removed additional accounts, turned off VPN, and disabled developer options. I believe my setup is now as vanilla as it can be without resetting to factory, which I would loathe to do.

I get a similar error in other apps, but since it affects Tasker as well, I was wondering if someone had seen this and knew how to solve it.

Thanks!