Create menu and select menu item by pressing a key (AutoTools Dialog)

Christoph Jodexnus

Jan 6, 2022, 6:57:44 AM1/6/22
to Tasker
Hi, everyone,

Unfortunately, I couldn't think of a better title, thank you for ending up here.

Following problem:
- a trigger should open a menu
- Some apps are listed therein
- same trigger (I wouldn't know how to regulate it otherwise) again goes to the next menu item
- Menu item selected without triggering the trigger again -> App opens

Briefly about the background:
Should be a "mode selection menu" for my car radio, since this unfortunately only switches the apps through one after the other. This is roughly what it looked like at the time with the parrot Asteroid Smart (see attachment)

For Tasker  i found a solution like you find attached.

My problem is, that I have to switch to macrodroid because there are several problems with the device I was using this profile on.

I tested a little bit and found the AutoTools Dialog, but I can't find a working solution.

do you have any tips?

Thanks in advance
Christoph

PS: Original german thread you can find here

Profile in Tasker.txt
Parrot-Asteroid-5.jpg

Brenden M

Jan 6, 2022, 10:25:14 PM1/6/22
to Tasker
Hi there, do you know about "scenes" in Tasker? You can make custom dialogs, overlays, with UI elements like radio buttons, sliders, text input, and drop down menus.

Maybe something simpler and built in would do what you need, than to use AutoTools?

I'm not sure. The "problems" you describe, I think could be solved in part with scenes in Tasker.

Christoph Jodexnus

Jan 7, 2022, 2:37:45 AM1/7/22
to Tasker
Hi Brenden,

as I wrote, I used Tasker with the Scenes, and it was the best solution I could think about. Unfortunately I have to switch to MacroDroid. Here I don't have scenes :(

I would ask this queation in the AutoTools Forum, but it is read-only at the moment.

Regards

Dave W, BSEE,MSCE,OOP

Jan 7, 2022, 7:11:57 PM1/7/22
to Tasker
Menus are slow.  Dialogs are slower than overlays.  If it can't be done in a blocking overlay with text elements and image elements, it shouldn't be done. LOL

Dave W, BSEE,MSCE,OOP

Jan 7, 2022, 7:28:20 PM1/7/22
to Tasker
Can you send intents between Tasker & Macdroid?