Dynamically extract data from logcat

Craig Buchan

Nov 12, 2021, 3:40:41 PMNov 12
to Tasker

Hello

I am trying to automate the capturing of Logcat data, in particular the finger print ID/ This is because I am making the automation for others & I want to hide the Logcat part from them as it'll give them the heebie Jeebies!

I imagined the process would be straight forward as follows:

  1. Create Logcat Event

  2. If finger ID variable is not set then

  3. show user Finger AUthentication Prompt & they scan in desired figure

  4. Using Regex the finger ID would be automatically identified and saved as a glbal variable.

  5. Exit task

With the finger idenitfied, the next time the task was run oit would be:

  1. If Variable is set then

  2. Run Task

  3. Exit task

Now as it stands I cannot even get hte variable out of logcat unless I do it by hand. How can I dynamically get the Finger ID to use for future egvents?

Regards
Craig

jmjc...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2021, 6:20:41 PMNov 12
to Tasker
Have you registered your fingers under Android? If so, then simply use Logcat Event and filter the log you need. Each device has different logs for fingerprints, you will need to do some tests to find out which one has the fingerprint ID.

Craig Buchan

Nov 12, 2021, 6:33:22 PMNov 12
to Tasker
Hello
I don't quite think I've been clear enough - I've been doing that and its fine...however I want to automate this process further so another person could use it e.g. they get prompted to select a finger for dong an action, they scan their finger & tasker dynamically saves their ID...I cann;'t get this to work

thanks
Craig

jmjc...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2021, 9:16:24 PMNov 12
to Tasker
I don't think you can do that. Fingerprints can only be registered via Android settings.