Running Tasker without a google account...

David Lane

Oct 10, 2021, 9:44:57 AM10/10/21
to Tasker
Hi,
I'm setting up a T95 Android device for a museum, the idea being that upon power up, the T95 opens a video file automatically.  I'd got that going fine but, because I'd used my own Google account to purchase Tasker, I wanted to delete my google account details for security reasons.

Having done so, Tasker will now not start up when the T95 is powered up, and has shown a notification that it is disabled.  On the Tasker start up screen I see 'Tasker Off' at the top left.  I cannot find any way to re-enable Tasker.

I'd be grateful for any advice on how to get it going again, and is it possible to use tasker after removing my google account details?

Thanks...

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 9:54:33 AM10/10/21
to Tasker
I am not Joao but my gut feeling is you cannot run Tasker if you are not signed in the Google account you bought Tasker with. If someone can do that, he can then buy one copy of Tasker, and install it on as many phones (not his phones but his friends', his colleagues' and so on) as he likes without buying extra copies of Tasker. You will probably have to buy a copy for the museum using a different account.

David Lane

Oct 10, 2021, 10:37:00 AM10/10/21
to Tasker
thanks for the quick reply - I had a feeling that it might be something like this, but as it had been running without a wifi connection, hoped that it might be possible.  I have re-entered my google account details, but Tasker is still disabled... :+(

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 10:46:20 AM10/10/21
to Tasker
Did you try the top right 3-dot menu? Should be an option to enable Tasker.

David Lane

Oct 11, 2021, 5:04:42 AM10/11/21
to Tasker
Thanks, but I have been unable to find the 3-dot menu.  When I open Tasker, I find a screen with 'Tasker Off' at the top left, a 'Home' icon bottom left. the 4 tabs across the top, and a slider button top right.  I've tried resizing the display in the Android settings, but can't seem to find the 3-dot option.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2021, 10:16:42 AM10/11/21
to Tasker
Mine looks something like the attached.
Screenshot_20211011-221010_Tasker.jpg

David Lane

Oct 12, 2021, 6:17:46 AM10/12/21
to Tasker
thanks again - but Tasker looks quite different on the T95 device - this is a mockup, easier than getting a screenshot...So, no apparent way of re-enabling Tasker.  Meh...

tasker.jpg

zimme...@googlemail.com

Oct 14, 2021, 6:50:04 PM10/14/21
to Tasker
if you search for licence here in this thread you'll find all information you desire.