Q: Disable app's toast messages?

Dave Williams

Dec 26, 2021, 8:39:22 PM12/26/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible for Tasker to disable an app's toast messages?  If so, how?

Soudane GMTA

Dec 26, 2021, 11:08:40 PM12/26/21
to Tasker
Blocking toast messages is important to me, and over the years, I have searched everywhere for how to do this. The only way I have been able to accomplish this is outside of Tasker and through the use of a module which requires Xposed or LSposed. It's an ancient Xposed module that still works for me. The module is named UnToaster Xposed .

That module allows toasts to be blocked by package name, by regex match of the toast text, or by both, and multiple toast-blocking rules can be specified.

Using Xposed and LSposed requires a module called riru, however, and that requires Magisk. In other words, you need to be rooted.

I'll be very happy if someone can provide a non-Xposed, non-riru, non-Magisk way of blocking toasts. However, I am not optimistic, given that I have been searching to no avail for such a thing for years.

João Dias

Jan 13, 2022, 10:36:43 AM1/13/22
to Tasker
If you disable the app's notifications, the toasts will also not show :) Does that work for you?

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

BartmanEH

Jul 4, 2022, 1:09:50 PM7/4/22
to Tasker
Although your question was to disable toasts for an app using Tasker, I thought I would share a method to disable toasts using adb:

adb shell appops set <package_name> TOAST_WINDOW deny

Some more info here.

BartmanEH

Jul 4, 2022, 1:10:47 PM7/4/22
to Tasker
this didn't work for me. I disabled all notifications for an app but it's still generating toasts.