Q: Instantaneous brightness change?

Dave Williams

Dec 30, 2021, 6:19:39 PM12/30/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
On an Android device, is it possible to change screen brightness instantaneously rather than gradually as it usually does?  If so, how could it be done from Tasker?

jmjc...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 10:29:40 PM12/30/21
to Tasker
Auto Brightness > Off
Display Brightness > 0-255 (device specific)

Dave W, BSEE,MSCE,OOP

Dec 31, 2021, 10:43:57 AM12/31/21
to Tasker
Uhhh...I believe that results in a gradual change in brightness taking about a second. That's not instantaneous. But thanks for your response.

Brenden M

Jan 1, 2022, 4:48:36 PM1/1/22
to Tasker
Simply tapping on the brightness slider in quick settings seems to be an instantaneous change.

My knowledge of tasker is not adequate after that for the task, but...
Perhaps, you can inject a value into that setting somehow. AutoInput is tempting, but would be even less instantaneous I think to wait for the quick settings pulldown.

Dave W, BSEE,MSCE,OOP

Jan 1, 2022, 5:21:52 PM1/1/22
to Tasker
At least it's a starting point.  A new way of looking at the challenge. 🤣😂🤣😂

Brenden M

Jan 2, 2022, 1:23:02 PM1/2/22
to Tasker
I'm over here learning just watching you!!!