Need profile to announce WhatsApp messages

legaldeejay

Nov 25, 2019, 6:19:48 PM11/25/19
to Tasker
I thought this would be simple, but I can't get a profile I created with the AutoNotification plugin to work with WhatsApp. I simply want WhatsApp messages to be announced when I am driving and to wait if other profiles are active. Here is my profile:

Profile: WhatsApp (23)
Restore: no
Event: AutoNotification Intercept [ Configuration:Event Behaviour: true
Notification Type: Only Created Notifications
Notification Apps: WhatsApp,Messenger ]
Enter: Anon (24)
A1: Wait Until [ MS:519 Seconds:0 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ] If [ %PACTIVE !~ *,Messages,* & %PACTIVE !~ *,Google Assistant,* & %PACTIVE ~ *,Phone Call,* ]
A2: Media Volume [ Level:0 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A3: System Volume [ Level:14 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A4: Say [ Text:%antitle%antext Engine:Voice:com.google.android.tts:eng-usa Stream:1 Pitch:5 Speed:4 Respect Audio Focus:On Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off ]
A5: Media Volume [ Level:14 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A6: System Volume [ Level:3 Display:Off Sound:Off ]

legaldeejay

Nov 25, 2019, 7:30:16 PM11/25/19
to Tasker
I resolved issue. This action %PACTIVE ~ *,Phone Call,* should have said
%PACTIVE !~ *,Phone Call,* (doesn't match)

legaldeejay

Nov 25, 2019, 7:42:46 PM11/25/19
to Tasker
Actually this did not resolve issue. Still not working.

legaldeejay

Nov 25, 2019, 8:08:47 PM11/25/19
to Tasker
OK I recreated the profile and now it works. This could be happening because I am using a beta version of Tasker.

Rich D

Nov 26, 2019, 8:18:03 AM11/26/19
to Tasker Google Groups Post

OK I recreated the profile and now it works.  This could be happening because I am using a beta version of Tasker.

Meh.. Doubtful it is the beta.

What exactly is it doing or not doing?

Have you checked the run log?

João Dias

Nov 26, 2019, 8:23:29 AM11/26/19
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Maybe this helps?
https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/reply-to-messages-whatsapp-sms-etc-via-voice-when-connected-to-bt.420/

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

legaldeejay

Nov 26, 2019, 8:58:08 AM11/26/19
to Tasker
It just wasn’t intercepting WhatsApp messages. But all good now after deleting the profile and then re-creating it. If I find something in the Run Log, I will report back.

legaldeejay

Nov 26, 2019, 9:44:42 AM11/26/19
to Tasker
I checked the Run Log but really can't make sense of it.  All I see are a bunch of "RejCopy" messages for Actions that were running in the WhatsApp profile.   But it is working now anyway so far.

legaldeejay

Nov 26, 2019, 9:56:18 AM11/26/19
to Tasker
So I looked it up: RejCopy means a task was rejected because a copy of it was already running.

I have no idea why this was happening, as I am not aware of a copy of the same task already running.

Rich D

Nov 26, 2019, 10:56:21 AM11/26/19
to Tasker Google Groups Post
Those are probably to be expected.

legaldeejay

Nov 26, 2019, 11:57:44 AM11/26/19
to Tasker
Why would that be expected?  And why would recreating the Profile with the same Tasks and Actions make a difference (as it apparently did here)?   Nothing to do with the program being in beta?

Rich D

Nov 26, 2019, 12:32:35 PM11/26/19
to Tasker Google Groups Post
It might be easier to explain if you posted a screenshot of the runlog.

You have a wait action in the beginning of the task, so any subsequent activations of the profile will result in a subsequent task trying to be run and then rejected.

legaldeejay

Nov 26, 2019, 1:22:23 PM11/26/19
to Tasker
OK attached
Screenshot_20191126-131930_Tasker.jpg

Rich D

Nov 26, 2019, 2:10:37 PM11/26/19
to Tasker Google Groups Post
That does seem to be a excessive amount of rejects.

Was that from one message received?

Magical Pete

Nov 26, 2019, 3:39:42 PM11/26/19
to Tasker
I've a similar task running here, but without AutoNotification plugin. What I noticed was that when it was active and I got a new message, it repeatedly read the first message and never the subsequent ones. What also happens is when you make an outgoing Whatsapp call, it reads that you're calling someone....not sure if this can be avoided....

The context is simple: - Event: Notification, Whatsapp

The task I have is as follows:

Variable Set: %whatsappvoicename to %evtprm2
Variable Set: %whatsappvoice to evtprm3
Say: "New Whatsapp message from %whatsappvoicename
Wait: 250ms
Say: %whatsappvoice

Rich D

Nov 26, 2019, 3:54:14 PM11/26/19
to Tasker Google Groups Post
You can try a few searches for this issue.

I would start by setting a small cool down time in the profile properties.

legaldeejay

Nov 26, 2019, 5:59:31 PM11/26/19
to Tasker
I was running tests after I received a WhatsApp message which was not intercepted.

Rich D

Nov 26, 2019, 8:19:48 PM11/26/19
to Tasker Google Groups Post
What kind of tests? The log clearly shows 2 activations of the profile. I assume the task ran but was stuck on the wait action.

legaldeejay

Nov 26, 2019, 8:38:05 PM11/26/19
to Tasker
I just kept running the Task manually with the play button in the bottom left corner and it never got past the Wait action. Don't know why. All I know is that the problem went away after I deleted the profile and then re-created it.

Rich D

Nov 27, 2019, 11:49:15 AM11/27/19
to Tasker Google Groups Post

I just kept running the Task manually with the play button in the bottom left corner and it never got past the Wait action.  Don't know why.

If you just hit the play button it will start the task at the highest priority. This will block the other tasks that would make the wait untill action true.

If you long press the play button you can select a priority.

legaldeejay

Nov 27, 2019, 12:20:08 PM11/27/19
to Tasker
But the Wait Until action waits until those profiles are not active. Since those other profiles were not active at the time I ran the tests, the tests should have run without a problem.

Rich D

Nov 27, 2019, 12:57:12 PM11/27/19
to Tasker Google Groups Post
Ha, got me on that one. You are correct. When testing with the play button you can also long press the Task tab, if there are any tasks running you can kill them all for a fresh start.

Umit EKSILMEZ

Dec 27, 2021, 4:36:03 AM12/27/21
to Tasker
I tried to copy profile.
When I receive a message, it says: "your connection is being checked".
Just after I open message, profile says the title and text?
What to do?

Umit EKSILMEZ

Jan 4, 2022, 2:47:49 AM1/4/22
to Tasker

I put an AutoNotification Query action at top, with Persistency: Both. Now it seems working. But now when I open message it reads "Tasker" and active profile names in notification panel :) Or different things about Tasker like "Tasker. It works in the foreground". Even after I exit message and close phone it reads smth: "Tasker backup" or says "%antext" etc. Strange things.

Here is the profile:

    Profile: WB Oku

    Event: AutoNotification Intercept [ Configuration:Event Behaviour: true
    Notification Apps: WhatsApp Business
    Get All Fields : true ]
    State: BT Connected [ Name:U-Vit Address:* ]

    Enter Task: WB Oku

    A1: AutoNotification Query [
         Configuration: Persistency Type: Both
         Timeout (Seconds): 20
         Structure Output (JSON, etc): On ]

    A2: Say [
         Text: %antitle
         Engine:Voice: com.google.android.tts:eng-usa
         Stream: 3
         Pitch: 5
         Speed: 5
         Respect Audio Focus: On ]

    A3: Say [
         Text: %antext
         Engine:Voice: com.google.android.tts:eng-usa
         Stream: 3
         Pitch: 5
         Speed: 5
         Respect Audio Focus: On ]

Umit EKSILMEZ

Jan 11, 2022, 6:26:23 AM1/11/22
to Tasker
It seems I overcome the problem by adding "if %anapp ~ Whatsapp Business" to say actions.
Do you have an idea about what to do for more than 1 message?
It says "2 new messages" i.e instead of reading messages...