Volume change profile not working

Seamus O'Sullivan

Sep 24, 2021, 5:42:54 AMSep 24
to Tasker
Hi folks,

I had this working in the past.

Profile - when using a game app - turn media vol down to 2 and on exit return media vol to previous state.

Now on Android 11 and the volume doesn't change at all.  The task itself works when I execute it from within Tasker.

Any help would be much appreciated

Seamus

João Dias

Sep 24, 2021, 6:02:29 AMSep 24
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Seamus O'Sullivan

Sep 24, 2021, 8:49:30 AMSep 24
to Tasker
Hi Joao,

I think I replied in a private message to you but just so others can see my reply here is my profile description

Profile: Games Vol
Settings: Restore: no
 Application: 7 Little Words, Between the lines

Enter Task: Games Vol In

A1: Media Volume [
      Level: 2]

Exit Task: Games Vol Out

A1: Media Volume [
      Level: 16]

Quite straightforward but not working

Seamus

João Dias

Seamus O'Sullivan

Oct 1, 2021, 9:48:00 AMOct 1
to Tasker
Hi Joao,

I note that Tasker >  Preferences > Monitor > App Check Method has a choice just below it of either Accessibility or App Usage Stats
I have tried both of these options and the task does not change the volume when the app is opened
Cheers
Seamus

Seamus O'Sullivan

Oct 1, 2021, 9:50:08 AMOct 1
to Tasker
Hi Joao,

The task itself works when I press the arrow inside Tasker but just not when it is part of a profile
Seamus

João Dias

Oct 4, 2021, 4:23:50 AMOct 4
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report. Can you please use the Report Issue To Developer option and send me a report showing that happnening? Thanks in advance

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2021, 4:57:59 AMOct 4
to Tasker
Can you add a Flash action in the beginning of the entry and exit tasks of the profile? Just to see if the profile is triggered when your apps run.

Seamus O'Sullivan

Oct 5, 2021, 4:16:17 AM (13 days ago) Oct 5
to Tasker
Hi Joao,
I have added a Flash both before and after both entry and exit tasks.
When I run the task using the arrow it performs correctly but when using it as an event it doesn't.
The flash actions do not appear on top of the application I opened.

I have also sent you a report using the method you requested.
Hope this helps
Seamus

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2021, 4:39:32 AM (13 days ago) Oct 5
to Tasker
If that is the case, that means the Application context isn't working on your device.

What you can do is try other apps. Add a few more apps to the profile, run each app to see if the profile triggers at all. This is to test whether the Application context works on your phone.

If the Application context doesn't work on your phone, there are still a few alternatives. For example, App Changed context, Variable Set %WIN context, and Logcat context. If you have AutoInput Plug-in, there is also another context you can use.