Change notification icon

MW

Jul 27, 2021, 7:20:42 AM7/27/21
to Tasker
I would like to change the notification icon depending on who is texting me in whatsapp of messenger. I had tasker and autpootification a long time ago but it has changed to version 4.0. I think this maybe much easier now. I could only find an outdated (2017) instruction on the forum.

How can I change a notification icon? Could someone help me with this?

jmjc...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2021, 9:39:34 PM7/27/21
to Tasker
You cannot change the icon of the WhatsApp notification. But you can create a notification of your own (with different icons if neccessary) depending on who sends you a WhatsApp message. Will this approach work with you?

MW

Jul 28, 2021, 4:13:25 AM7/28/21
to Tasker
Yes this would be fine. The result is the same.

João Dias

Jul 28, 2021, 4:57:21 AM7/28/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Check here: https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/replace-third-party-notificatios-with-your-own.262/

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias