Needing an idiots guide to where things are.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2021, 3:22:46 AM12/7/21
to Tasker
I am trying my hardest to work out my own problems.

One thing I have read is I have to "Enable foreground notifications" in Tasker settings.

Tasker has Preferences, not settings....   Is that a problem or me being stuck on pedantics?

I then went to "how to enable foreground notifications in tasker" search.
Everything but where the setting is.

It's one thing not being up to speed with the latest version.
But when commands are mentioned but *hidden* away it is just beyond frustrating.

Back story:  My last phone was Android 6.   The new phone is 11 - I think.
That is the O/S, I know.   But it has been that long....

I really need help.

This is where I am looking:

But as I said:  Where is the "Enable foregound notifications" setting?
I'm sure there will be more, but I have to start somewhere.

João Dias

Dec 7, 2021, 6:09:02 AM12/7/21
to Tasker
Hi! Yes, "Tasker Settings" is the same as "Tasker Preferences" :)

You can find that Setting in Tasker > Menu > Preferences > Monitor > Show Notification Icon.

Although, from Android 8+ Tasker will always run in the foreground, so no need to worry. I'll add a note about that on that page, thanks!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias