backup to SDCard

Chuck Kollars

Nov 18, 2022, 12:50:27 AM11/18/22
to Tasker
Until yesterday I backed up Tasker to my phone's sdcard all the time. Today I went too quick without looking and pressed some wrong button, and now Tasker won't write to the sdcard anymore. In fact, after it tries and fails once, it removes the little sdcard option at the lower right so I can't even try again without rebooting.

What do I need to do to get it back like it was? (Note my issue is *NOT* about Tasker not writing to the sdcard at all - Tasker wrote backup files there many  many times before and only stopped suddenly today.)

-----
My phone is running Android 10 SEARbuild SDK31. On top of that I'm running Tasker 6.0.10, which I got from the playstore only about a week ago.

Now I give Tasker the "document tree access" permission every time  ...although I have no clear memory of having to give it this particular permission before. Then I navigate to the sub-folder containing the backups and press the blue button at the bottom of the screen to "access this folder".

At some point Tasker now complains that it can't write to /storage/806B-B796 (although it can clearly read it, since it gives me a list of all the folders on the sdcard). I know from previous experience that's the path from the "root" to my sdcard.

Thinking maybe something was wrong with the sdcard contacts, I tried several different apps (all "file managers"), and they were all able to read all the data on the card, write a new file on the card, read it back, then delete it.

tia!
Message has been deleted

Chuck Kollars

Feb 19, 2023, 2:46:14 PM2/19/23
to Tasker
Any ideas why my Tasker started complaining that it can't write to my SDCard (storage/806B-B796)?

aa6vh

Feb 20, 2023, 11:03:32 AM2/20/23
to Tasker
Have you tried the obvious fixes: Reboot the phone. Check to see if Android decided to disable some of Tasker's permissions (happens a lot to me). See if the failure occurs on another sdcard.

João Dias

Feb 21, 2023, 11:30:51 AM2/21/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, thanks for the report! Can you please try this version? https://drive.google.com/file/d/19w0kkEle9oinGusDHMe-1f1u6_xuuifD/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Chuck Kollars

Feb 21, 2023, 9:35:41 PM2/21/23
to Tasker
It works! I can now backup to my SDCard like I used to.

thanks!