On a bicycle activity triggers task repeatedly during my bike ride

Jason Spidle

May 23, 2023, 12:22:46 AM5/23/23
to Tasker
I have a profile that activates when AutoLocation activity is "on a bike" with 50% or greater confidence. That profile has an exit task that sends the record ride intent to Strava. And it works. I get on my bike and start riding and next thing you know the ride is being recorded in Strava. Cool stuff.

The problem though is that my phone is basically unusable during the ride because the profile state keeps happening anew, thus triggering the task and whisking me back into Strava. I think it might have something to do with the start and stop nature of biking? I've tired adjusting the polling interval but no luck. I've tried other things too and yet it keeps happening. So now I turn to y'all. Here's the profile.

    Profile: Biking
      State: AutoLocation Activities [ Configuration:
         On a Bicycle: true
         Min Confidence: 50
      ]

    Exit Task: Record Ride In Strava
      A1: Go Home [ Page: 0 ]

      A2: Send Intent [
         Action: android.intent.action.RUN
         Cat: None
         Data: http://strava.com/nfc/record
         Target: Activity
       ]

    A3: AutoNotification [
         Configuration: Title: Strava started
         Text: Tasker started Strava
         Status Bar Text Size: 16
         Separator: ,
         Timeout (Seconds): 20
         Structure Output (JSON, etc): On ]

    A4: Load Last App

João Dias

May 23, 2023, 3:50:22 AM5/23/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Try enabling system logs in AutoLocation and then after the bike ride checking  the log to see which activities it detected. Maybe "Standing Still"? If that's the case, enable the option in the condition to ignore standing still so for example, the only way that the condition is no longer active is if you start walking. :)

Let me know if it helps!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Matjes

May 23, 2023, 7:24:43 AM5/23/23
to Tasker
You could make the profile set a variable the first time it turns on as the last action, and then check for that variable so that it only executes them once. and clear the variable via an exit task when you are off the bike, so that it applies again next time?