Airplane mode not working to schedule

Paul

Nov 30, 2022, 3:05:53 AM11/30/22
to Tasker
I have a basic profile set up to switch Airplane mode according to a schedule. The tasks work fine when run manually but do not run at all when scheduled, although Tasker shows the profile as active in the appropriate time slot.

I don't see any error messages, and wifi toggle on the same device works fine, so I'm baffled, please help.

João Dias

Nov 30, 2022, 4:05:15 AM11/30/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Can you please add a Notify action at the start of that task just to confirm that it is really triggering correctly? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Paul

Nov 30, 2022, 4:30:35 AM11/30/22
to Tasker
Thanks for your prompt reply João. I added a Notify action before the Airplane Mode On action and set another schedule: I got notified, Tasker shows that the profile is active but Airplane mode is not toggled on.

Paul

Nov 30, 2022, 4:47:19 AM11/30/22
to Tasker
Not sure how to interpret the Run Log, here's a screenshot:

Tasker1.jpg

João Dias

Nov 30, 2022, 4:57:25 AM11/30/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

Paul

Nov 30, 2022, 7:18:41 AM11/30/22
to Tasker
This profile runs correctly if I keep the phone open on Tasker. If i navigate away from Tasker of if the phone is locked, the profile runs but the actions are not carried out.

This is the profile, straight from Taskernet:

 Profile: Turn On Airplane Mode At Time
    Settings:
    Variables: [ %time_airplane_on:has value %time_airplane_off:has value ]
    Time: From %time_airplane_on Till %time_airplane_off

    Enter Task: Anon

    A1: Airplane Mode [
         Set: On ]

    Exit Task: Anon

    A1: Airplane Mode [ ]

João Dias

Nov 30, 2022, 10:45:24 AM11/30/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that. Could you please try setting Tasker as your assistant and see if that helps with that?
Message has been deleted

Paul

Dec 1, 2022, 2:22:41 AM12/1/22
to Tasker
I set Tasker as the assistant. The profile then starts as expected with Airplane Mode being switched on (with phone locked) but does not switch off Airplane Mode as scheduled.

I rebooted the phone and tried again, leaving the phone locked to run the profile. The profile shows active when I check but Airplane Mode is not switched, on or off. Also, the assistant setting to Tasker did not survive the reboot and when I checked, had reverted to Google,  even though the selection page shows Tasker still selected.....

Paul

Dec 1, 2022, 6:42:17 AM12/1/22
to Tasker
I gave up and loaded a custom ROM. Restored the profiles that I'd saved to cloud 10 minutes earlier and Airplane Mode works as expected. Several hours wasted and another strike against Xiaomi/MIUI I guess.

Thanks for your time  João.

João Dias

Dec 2, 2022, 1:23:57 PM12/2/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com