Looking for App Factory 6.1.4-beta

whitedavidp

Sep 27, 2022, 1:20:45 PM9/27/22
to Tasker
Thanks!

João Dias

Sep 27, 2022, 1:44:48 PM9/27/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Tasker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19w0kkEle9oinGusDHMe-1f1u6_xuuifD&authuser=joaomgcd%40gmail.com&usp=drive_fs

App Factory: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vV9EIFneslw99BRlcKZ-QeCsRoK6K_81&authuser=joaomgcd%40gmail.com&usp=drive_fs

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

whitedavidp

Sep 29, 2022, 9:35:53 AM9/29/22
to Tasker
Thanks! I will give it a shot.

David White

Sep 29, 2022, 9:09:44 PM9/29/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have a Tasker kid/app factory app that I just re-built using app factory 6.1.4-beta.

Since doing so I periodically see a popup message with that apps icon saying something about prefs->allow external access. I have never seen this before.

I have always had this pref on it Tasker + checked and found it still on. So it was on when the kid app was made.

I have an app that logs notifications/toasts and I can confirm these popups are coming from this kid app (see attached).

I have also found a way to always trigger this behavior. I use an app called LMT and it has the ability to trigger running a Tasker task. When I do this I am trying to trigger within Tasker, not the kid app and I am running a task from a project entirely different from that used to create the kid app. I am not sure how LMT does this trigger. Perhaps via:

am broadcast -a net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK --es "task_name" "your task name"

When I do this from a terminal on this same phone, I do get this popup shown.

Any idea whats up with this?
Screenshot_20220929-174842.png
Screenshot_20220929-172634.png

João Dias

Sep 30, 2022, 4:45:39 AM9/30/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thanks for the report! Just to clarify, you never saw this message before in a kid app?

David White

Sep 30, 2022, 12:02:15 PM9/30/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
never before. and i have some other kid apps running - not created w/6.1.4-beta - which are still not exhibiting this. thanks

David White

Sep 30, 2022, 12:53:31 PM9/30/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I checked the manifest for the kid app and see no broadcast receiver for this. perhaps it is being registered dynamically?

David White

Oct 1, 2022, 11:27:40 AM10/1/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
It appears that the app Anymote also runs Tasker tasks via the same intent mechanism as it too causes the issue with my kid app. I guess I end up using these intents alot myself.

whitedavidp

Oct 1, 2022, 2:48:18 PM10/1/22
to Tasker
Further, I ran the command "adb shell cmd package query-receivers --brief -a net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK" in an effort to find all registered receivers for this intent and find only the Tasker app:

1 receivers found:
  Receiver #0:
    priority=0 preferredOrder=0 match=0x108000 specificIndex=-1 isDefault=false
    net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/.ReceiverStaticRunTasks

It is hard, therefore, to understand why my kid app is responding to it. Possibly, this command only returns those apps with the receiver declared in the manifest (and not dynamically?

whitedavidp

Oct 1, 2022, 2:59:40 PM10/1/22
to Tasker
Then I ran the command "adb shell dumpsys activity b" and see the following in the output:

        net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK:
          BroadcastFilter{adff2cf u0 ReceiverList{44d772e 4868 net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/10398/u0 remote:face5a9}}
          BroadcastFilter{7096b4 u0 ReceiverList{34e5787 18343 com.whitedavidp.prograde_alternate/10544/u0 remote:7481bc6}}
          BroadcastFilter{701aa55 u0 ReceiverList{4e8e10c 18556 com.whitedavidp.venstar_alternate/10545/u0 remote:c9a743f}}

The last 2 are kid apps running on my phone. So it appears that all of my kid apps have this receiver enabled. But only the last one was created using the 6.1.4-beta app factory and is responding with this annoying popup.

whitedavidp

Oct 2, 2022, 11:42:02 AM10/2/22
to Tasker
So I have just used Tasker to send the intent net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK specifically to:

(a) The package of the kid app causing this issue - where it caused the issue.

(b) The package of another kid app, created using an earlier version of App Factory, - where it caused no issue.

(c) The package field left empty - which caused the issue and trigger the task to run inside of Tasker.

Of a different note, I also note that the kid app in (b) creates an entry in the accessibility service list while the one in (a) does not. I wonder why that might be. Neither uses the app context or anything else I know of that employs/requires accessibility.

Hmmm. Thanks

whitedavidp

Oct 2, 2022, 12:47:27 PM10/2/22
to Tasker
With reference to my last post...

When I did (b) above and included the name of a task that I KNOW is in the kid app (since I used the launch task), not only did no popup issue occur but it also did NOT run the task. So it is not clear if that kid app simply ignores the net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK(as I feel it should) or what. It happens that in my kid apps I do respond to app/package-specific intents to run a task. I never even thought to use net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK to do it as that action seems Tasker-app specific.

whitedavidp

Oct 9, 2022, 2:40:22 PM10/9/22
to Tasker
I am still hoping that there is a fix coming for the problem I describe above with the kid app created with App Factory 6.1.4 linked in the 2nd posting here.

João- I tried using the Tasker/App Factory you sent me via private email on 10/4 (which has the same URL as the one above - but I have no idea if it is the same) and I sent a private email response.

Thanks

whitedavidp

Oct 18, 2022, 12:47:51 PM10/18/22
to Tasker
While I have not been able to address the underlying problem with the Tasker Kid app I updated using App Factory 6.1.4-beta, I have at least been able to suppress the annoying symptom of the problem: the toasts with that kid app's icon saying something about prefs->allow external access that I have never seen before with this or other kid apps created with earlier versions of Tasker/App Factory. I was able to do this only because (a) my phone is rooted, (b) I have Xposed installed, and (c) there is a great Xposed module called Untoast which can suppress toasts by app package name and regular expression matching the toast's contents. For some reason I totally forgot about having all this available and have lived with these annoying toasts since the end of September. But once I recalled/recognized things, it took me a few minutes to block the toasts. Obviously, this is NOT a cure of the problem and may not be useful to everyone as lots of prerequisites are needed. But others may be interested.