AutoInput not clicking coordinates

Tom Sutton

Apr 5, 2022, 1:46:25 PM4/5/22
to Tasker
Hi,

I have a tinkerboard with android 11 installed,  this is plugged into a screen via HDMI and I am using a mouse to navigate.

I have a simple task to open the play store, wait 5 seconds, then click on some coordinates.

It opens, it waits, but never clicks.

It works perfectly on my phone, I have tried with other aps and it simply wont click the coordinates.

Any ideas?

João Dias

Apr 6, 2022, 5:06:02 AM4/6/22
to Tasker
Is it able to click via text instead of coordinates? Maybe the tinkerboard simply doesn't support being clicked via accessibility services?

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Tom Sutton

Apr 6, 2022, 6:55:30 AM4/6/22
to Tasker
Yes it clicks text fine,

The part of the screen I am trying to click does contain text but cant be clicked, on my phone or via the tinker board.

Tom Sutton

Apr 6, 2022, 7:00:08 AM4/6/22
to Tasker
I should explain that a little better,

On the tinkerboard there are a few actions to click on text, this works fine.

The particular part I am trying to click does contain text, when I originally started this project and was testing on my phone I tried to use the text option but it didn't work.

João Dias

Apr 8, 2022, 4:49:16 AM4/8/22
to Tasker
Would you please be able to try it out with this version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qy6Gkz1Bv6CBRsIj_MfIsCtVH8jZ6QTZ&authuser=joaomgcd%40gmail.com&usp=drive_fs

Try the new AutoInput Actions v2 Tasker action and see if that works.

Tom Sutton

May 3, 2022, 8:33:55 AM5/3/22
to Tasker
Hi,

I have tried the above, both clicking text and coordinates have now stopped working.

Tom Sutton

May 3, 2022, 10:00:28 AM5/3/22
to Tasker
I had to revert back t the version from the paly store.

Still unable to click coordinates

Tom Sutton

May 4, 2022, 10:16:04 AM5/4/22
to Tasker
The plot thickens...

If I run just the action withing tasker it works fine and clicks the right coordinates,
If I run an ADB command to click those coordinates with the app I am automating on the screen it clicks the right point.

Seems to be that tasker or autoinput doesn't want to click coordinates outside of Tasker.

Very strange.

Tom Sutton

May 16, 2022, 8:07:24 AM5/16/22
to Tasker
After a fresh install of android, still no clicking of coordinates.