AutoNotification mixing up apps WhatsApp and SmartThings

Sim Harbert

Oct 12, 2021, 3:13:09 PM (5 days ago) Oct 12
to Tasker
I have a pretty complex system for speaking notifications and I am running into a problem with setting up the profile to trigger when there are WhatsApp and/or SmartThings notifications.  I keep selecting the app as WhatsApp and it gets set to SmartThings.  Also the app name when a profile trigger seems to say it is SmartThings when it is actually WhatsApp.  Is anyone else seeing this?

My notification system sets a variable to avoid collisions for messages since many come in at the same time, so this allows them to wait for the previous one to speak before doing the next one.  Then it does of other complex stuff like text substitutions and turns on when at my home wifi or on Bluetooth.  It mostly works pretty well, but I have had some problems with AutoNotification as outlined above.

Sim