Say Action - Engine:Voice always first to english

francwalter

Jan 4, 2022, 4:02:26 PM1/4/22
to Tasker
Hallo
I have a very simple Task, where I let Tasker speak the time.
I have a Say-Action in the Task where I set the Engine:Voice to:
com.google.android.tts:deu-deu
which is german.
When I run it, it speaks the time in english. When I run it again, directly after the first run, it is in german. Tasker doesnt recognize the entry in Engine:Voice
It definitley worked in some prior Tasker versions, I never hat this issue.
It was always directly german (as in Engine:Voice defined).

Is this a bug?
Can I do some workaround?
Thanks.
frank.
Tasker 5.15.8-beta on Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android 9

francwalter

Jan 4, 2022, 4:03:46 PM1/4/22
to Tasker
I have to add, that I set my language in Tasker to english (it is easier to understand the commands, all help is in english anyway), and my system is german.

Dave W, BSEE,MSCE,OOP

Jan 4, 2022, 9:07:34 PM1/4/22
to Tasker
I can only say that for the first Alert/Say after I change the voice, the voice doesn't change.  But after that the voice is correct. HTH

Mauro Carmo

Jan 4, 2022, 9:11:33 PM1/4/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Alguém sabe como responder a uma chamada perdida no whatsapp buzines  utilizando tasker??

Umit EKSILMEZ

Jan 5, 2022, 4:04:14 AM1/5/22
to Tasker
Put a say action with one "space" only (no letter) before your say action.
By this way it will first read it then will correct itself and read real one with correct language.

Frank Roehm

Jan 5, 2022, 4:46:28 AM1/5/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
> Put a say action with one "space" only (no letter) before your say action.
> By this way it will first read it then will correct itself and read real one with correct language.

That really did the trick!
Thank you!
So it's a bug then.

Dave W, BSEE,MSCE,OOP

Jan 5, 2022, 10:22:11 AM1/5/22
to Tasker
The task scheduler can't even perform tasks in the logical order one would expect.  Trial and error,  tricks and hacks are always required.  It's what makes Tasker so much fun!
Message has been deleted